Dec 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Monaco and British Grand Prix winner Nico Rosberg is slated to conduct all three days of Pirelli’s tire test for Mercedes this week at Bahrain International Circuit, completing the driver roster for the important session.
Merc becomes the second of the four teams in Bahrain to opt with a single driver for the entirety of the test, joining Red Bull and its reserve driver, Sebastien Buemi.
As for the whereabouts of Rosberg’s teammate, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, the team confirmed that he won’t be in Bahrain and instead will be carrying on with his winter training:
Pedro de la Rosa and Marussia’s Jules Bianchi will be on hand to test for Ferrari, while Jean-Eric Vergne and rookie Daniil Kvyat are ready to go for Toro Rosso.
All will be testing Pirelli’s 2014 prototype tires in 2013-spec machines.
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)