Dec 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Monaco and British Grand Prix winner Nico Rosberg is slated to conduct all three days of Pirelli’s tire test for Mercedes this week at Bahrain International Circuit, completing the driver roster for the important session.
Merc becomes the second of the four teams in Bahrain to opt with a single driver for the entirety of the test, joining Red Bull and its reserve driver, Sebastien Buemi.
As for the whereabouts of Rosberg’s teammate, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, the team confirmed that he won’t be in Bahrain and instead will be carrying on with his winter training:
Pedro de la Rosa and Marussia’s Jules Bianchi will be on hand to test for Ferrari, while Jean-Eric Vergne and rookie Daniil Kvyat are ready to go for Toro Rosso.
All will be testing Pirelli’s 2014 prototype tires in 2013-spec machines.
Video from NASCAR America
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 0
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9