Dec 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Monaco and British Grand Prix winner Nico Rosberg is slated to conduct all three days of Pirelli’s tire test for Mercedes this week at Bahrain International Circuit, completing the driver roster for the important session.
Merc becomes the second of the four teams in Bahrain to opt with a single driver for the entirety of the test, joining Red Bull and its reserve driver, Sebastien Buemi.
As for the whereabouts of Rosberg’s teammate, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, the team confirmed that he won’t be in Bahrain and instead will be carrying on with his winter training:
Pedro de la Rosa and Marussia’s Jules Bianchi will be on hand to test for Ferrari, while Jean-Eric Vergne and rookie Daniil Kvyat are ready to go for Toro Rosso.
All will be testing Pirelli’s 2014 prototype tires in 2013-spec machines.
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 3
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 9
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 1
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2