Dec 16, 2013, 12:30 PM EDT
Monaco and British Grand Prix winner Nico Rosberg is slated to conduct all three days of Pirelli’s tire test for Mercedes this week at Bahrain International Circuit, completing the driver roster for the important session.
Merc becomes the second of the four teams in Bahrain to opt with a single driver for the entirety of the test, joining Red Bull and its reserve driver, Sebastien Buemi.
As for the whereabouts of Rosberg’s teammate, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, the team confirmed that he won’t be in Bahrain and instead will be carrying on with his winter training:
Pedro de la Rosa and Marussia’s Jules Bianchi will be on hand to test for Ferrari, while Jean-Eric Vergne and rookie Daniil Kvyat are ready to go for Toro Rosso.
All will be testing Pirelli’s 2014 prototype tires in 2013-spec machines.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bubba Wallace pays homage to NASCAR Hall of Famer Wendell Scott with encore win at Martinsville 0
- Marussia also set to miss United States GP 3
- Jimmie Johnson: ‘That day is out there’ when he’ll split with crew chief Chad Knaus 7
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 3
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1