Dec 16, 2013, 2:00 PM EST
IndyCar standout Simona de Silvestro (pictured) and Marussia F1 driver Jules Bianchi will each take part in at least one race during the inaugural season of the Florida Winter Series that’s run by Ferrari’s Driver Academy.
The four-event calendar will be preceded by a test on Jan. 22 at Homestead-Miami Speedway’s road course. After that, the series begins on Jan. 25-27 at Sebring International Raceway, followed by a Feb. 3-5 stop at Palm Beach International Raceway.
Two different configurations of the Homestead road course will then play host to the final races from Feb. 12-14 and again from Feb. 17-19.
The Scuderia said in a release that Bianchi’s involvement in the series would fit in alongside his duties “linked to the development of the Marussia F1 car.” Meanwhile, de Silvestro will be keeping her skills sharp as she tries to shore up her plans for the new season.
In addition to Bianchi, other pilots from the Academy will take part in the series including FIA European Formula 3 champion Raffaele Marciello, Formula Renault ALPS winner Antonio Fuoco, and Canadian driver Lance Stroll.
Also listed as competitors are Spanish F3 Open Series champ Ed Jones; Euro F3 racers Dennis van de Laar, Louis Sa Silva, and Nicola Latifi; one of Fuoco’s ALPS rivals, Alex Bosak; and karting talent Leonardo Pulcini.
Drivers in the series will compete in the Tatuus FA10B, which is constructed to FIA F3 safety standards and has 190 horsepower from its engine. Additionally, each driver will have a team of professional mechanics and engineers available to help them.
Shakedowns of the Florida Winter Series cars took place last month at Ferrari’s Fiorano circuit in Italy.
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 1
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 1
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 1