Dec 18, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Not a huge bit of news, but another seat has been confirmed for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Cedar Rapids, Iowa native Landon Cassill will return to Circle Sport Racing in Cup and run the NASCAR Nationwide Series with JD Motorsports, per a report from the Cedar Rapids Gazette.
It’s a team with limited staff and resources and rarely runs the full distance. Cassill said, though, it’s important to be able to run both series to gain valuable track time and expose his ability to potential sponsors. He alternated between numbers 33 and 40 in 2013.
Cassill, 24, has already made 117 career Sprint Cup starts including 33 of 36 races in 2013. His best result came at Talladega in the spring when he finished 22nd; 23rd at Bristol in the fall was his best result away from a restrictor-plate race.
- DiZinno: Mid-Ohio a dream weekend for Rahal, IndyCar, fans 0
- Dates for 2016 IndyCar schedule starting to come together 7
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 5
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 1
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 4
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 13
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 5