Dec 18, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Not a huge bit of news, but another seat has been confirmed for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Cedar Rapids, Iowa native Landon Cassill will return to Circle Sport Racing in Cup and run the NASCAR Nationwide Series with JD Motorsports, per a report from the Cedar Rapids Gazette.
It’s a team with limited staff and resources and rarely runs the full distance. Cassill said, though, it’s important to be able to run both series to gain valuable track time and expose his ability to potential sponsors. He alternated between numbers 33 and 40 in 2013.
Cassill, 24, has already made 117 career Sprint Cup starts including 33 of 36 races in 2013. His best result came at Talladega in the spring when he finished 22nd; 23rd at Bristol in the fall was his best result away from a restrictor-plate race.
- Off The Grid Mexico Kicks Off on NBCSports.com (VIDEO) 0
- Spectator injured but in stable condition after being hit by debris at St. Pete race 1
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 1
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 2
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 2
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 6
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5