Dec 18, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Not a huge bit of news, but another seat has been confirmed for the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Cedar Rapids, Iowa native Landon Cassill will return to Circle Sport Racing in Cup and run the NASCAR Nationwide Series with JD Motorsports, per a report from the Cedar Rapids Gazette.
It’s a team with limited staff and resources and rarely runs the full distance. Cassill said, though, it’s important to be able to run both series to gain valuable track time and expose his ability to potential sponsors. He alternated between numbers 33 and 40 in 2013.
Cassill, 24, has already made 117 career Sprint Cup starts including 33 of 36 races in 2013. His best result came at Talladega in the spring when he finished 22nd; 23rd at Bristol in the fall was his best result away from a restrictor-plate race.
Video from NASCAR America
- Tony Stewart: ‘This is a sadness and pain that I hope no one has to experience in their life’ 9
- The most memorable moments of IndyCar 2014 (so far) 0
- Mercedes drivers “remain free to race” following meeting today 2
- With nothing to lose, IndyCar title contender Pagenaud charges into Fontana 0
- Tony Stewart’s return to NASCAR may be one of hardest things he’s ever done 33
- Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 22
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0