Dec 19, 2013, 7:00 PM EST
Here’s a quick update on drivers who have been officially announced for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. The full entry list was announced earlier this month. Drivers are next to the team, car, and 2013 class for the car:
- Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (Ford Ecoboost Riley, DP): 01-Scott Pruett/Memo Rojas (full season)
- Extreme Speed Motorsports (HPD ARX-03b, P2): 1-Ryan Dalziel/Scott Sharp (full season)/David Brabham (endurance races); 2-Ed Brown/Johannes van Overbeek (full season)/Simon Pagenaud/Anthony Lazzaro (endurance races)
- Action Express Racing (Corvette DP, DP): 5-Joao Barbosa/Christian Fittipaldi (full season)/Sebastien Bourdais (endurance races)
- Muscle Milk Pickett Racing (ORECA 03 Nissan, P2 in Europe): 6-Klaus Graf/Lucas Luhr (full season)
- Wayne Taylor Racing (Corvette DP, DP): 10-Jordan Taylor/Ricky Taylor (full season)/Max Angelelli (endurance races)
- Marsh Racing (Corvette DP, DP): 31-Eric Curran/Boris Said (full season)
- Michael Shank Racing (Ford Ecoboost Riley, DP): 60-Ozz Negri/John Pew (full season)
- Spirit of Daytona Racing (Corvette DP, DP): 90-Richard Westbrook/Michael Valiante (full season)
- GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Racing (Corvette DP, DP): 99-Alex Gurney/Jon Fogarty (all NAEC races)/Memo Gidley/Darren Law (endurance races)
PC (All ORECA FLM09)
- CORE autosport: 05-Jon Bennett (full season)
- RSR Racing: 08 or 09-Bruno Junqueira/Duncan Ende (full season)/David Heinemeier Hansson (endurance races)
- JDC/Miller: 85-Chris Miller (2nd Alternate)
- Corvette Racing (Corvette C7.R, ALMS GT): 3-Antonio Garcia/Jan Magnussen (full season)/Ryan Briscoe (endurance races); 4-Oliver Gavin/Tommy Milner (full season)/Robin Liddell (endurance races)
- Team Falken Tire (Porsche 911 RSR, ALMS GT): 17-Bryan Sellers/Wolf Henzler (full season)
- BMW Team RLL (BMW Z4 GTLM, ALMS GT): Driver pairings to be confirmed over 55 and 56: Bill Auberlen, Andy Priaulx, Dirk Mueller, Joey Hand, John Edwards
- GB Autosport (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 20-Bob Faieta (races to be confirmed)
- Alex Job Racing (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 22-Cooper MacNeil/Leh Keen (full season)
- AJR/Team Seattle (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 23-Ian James/Mario Farnbacher (full season)
- NGT Motorsport (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 30-Henrique Cisneros/Kuba Giermaziak (full season)
- Riley Motorsports (SRT Viper GT3-R, New Car): 33-Jeroen Bleekemolen/Ben Keating (full season)/Sebastiaan Bleekemolen/Emmanuel Collard (endurance races)
- Magnus Racing (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 44-John Potter/Andy Lally (full season)
- Fall-Line Motorsports (Audi R8, Rolex GT): 46-Charles Espenlaub/Charlie Putman (full season)
- Scuderia Corsa (Ferrari 458, Rolex GT): 63-Alessandro Balzan/Jeff Westphal (full season); 64-Dr. Rod Randall/Ken Wilden (full season)
- Park Place Motorsports (Porsche 911 GT America, New Car): 71-Dr. Jim Norman (full season); 73-Kevin Estre/Patrick Lindsey (full season)
- Turner Motorsport (BMW Z4 GT3, New Car): 94-Paul Dalla Lana (full season)
- TRG-AMR (Aston Martin Vantage GT3, Rolex GT): 007 or 009-James Davison (full season); Al Carter/David Block (races to be confirmed)
- Level 5 Motorsports (Ferrari 458, Rolex GT): 555 or 556-Bill Sweedler/Townsend Bell (full season), Jeff Segal (full season, car to be confirmed)
Mar 8, 2014, 6:30 AM EST
Defending Formula 1 world champion Sebastian Vettel has admitted that he and Red Bull have a big task ahead of them next weekend in Australia, as the German driver faces an uphill struggle to win his tenth straight race. Vettel won the final nine races of the 2013 season, equalling Alberto Ascari’s sixty-year-old record for…
Mar 8, 2014, 2:33 AM EST
Friends and family of Dick Trickle are looking to build a memorial to honor the late stock car racing legend in his hometown of tiny Rudolph, Wis.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:05 AM EST
Could sibling rivalry one day extend to the Indianapolis 500? Kurt Busch will become the first NASCAR driver in a decade to run the proverbial “double” in May: the Indy 500 in the early afternoon and the most grueling race on the Sprint Cup schedule that evening, the Coca-Cola 600.
Mar 8, 2014, 1:45 AM EST
What is it about NASCAR drivers and hockey?
Mar 8, 2014, 1:21 AM EST
We’re not saying that his fans are going to go out and bet the farm, but Dale Earnhardt Jr. has some pretty good odds heading into Sunday’s Kobalt 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Mar 7, 2014, 9:12 PM EST
Vegas pole sitter Joey Logano also talks about the issue.
Mar 7, 2014, 8:03 PM EST
In the waning moments of the final round of qualifying, Logano ran a lap of 193.278 mph to take the pole from teammate Brad Keselowski.
Mar 7, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
“It’s not 100,000 from Las Vegas that will be sitting in these grandstands.” – KB
Mar 7, 2014, 4:55 PM EST
The Joe Gibbs Racing driver says that right now, he’s more focused on working with the new aero rules and qualifying format.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:20 PM EST
Crew chief Rodney Childers, driver Casey Mears, and the impact of the new rules package at Las Vegas are all part of today’s show.
Mar 7, 2014, 4:13 PM EST
Kurt Busch’s quest to become the first NASCAR driver in a decade to attempt the “Double” – racing in the Indianapolis 500 on May 25, and then flying to Charlotte to compete in that evening’s Coca-Cola 600 – just became even more challenging.
Mar 7, 2014, 3:47 PM EST
Edwards and his Roush Fenway teammates pick up the pace after a slow Thursday test.
Mar 7, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
For the next month or so, don’t be surprised if Greg Biffle starts to act a little like Dracula — a good Dracula, mind you.
Mar 7, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
With a full-season ride in the NASCAR Euro Series, 33-year-old Mathias Lauda is set to add to his eclectic resume.
Mar 7, 2014, 3:12 PM EST
If you’re fortunate enough to spend any length of time around him, you’ll quickly find Matt Kenseth has a very dry wit. Think of a cross between comedians Steven Wright and the late George Carlin – just not so over-the-top as Carlin was.
Mar 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EST
SBJ report says Verizon will back series for 10 years.
Mar 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
“I’m sure there’s going to be more tension…But that’s what it’s all about. That’s why these drivers and teams are the best in the world.” – Graham Rahal
Mar 7, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Qualifying format change falls in line with other moves made by IMS/INDYCAR the last several months.
Mar 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Out go Korea and India, in come Austria and Russia, changes made to the running order, a different season finale – and a new night race!
Mar 7, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
With all but two teams making changes to their line-up and three new rookies, the F1 grid is looking very different in 2014.
- Joey Logano wins Vegas pole, Penske claims front row again 0
- 5 storylines that could define the 2014 F1 season 1
- Indianapolis 500 2014 Qualifying Format Revealed 5
- Schumacher “still in the wake up phase” 0
- Driver, team owner and now actor: Tony Stewart’s first edition of ‘Smoke is The Bandit’ is released (video) 0
- Instead of significant improvement, 2014 starting off the way 2013 ended for Danica Patrick (10)
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- Alonso discovers an F1 take on Ellen’s Oscar “Selfie” (6)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (6)
- Disastrous day for Red Bull as Vettel manages just half a lap (5)