Dec 20, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
After talking about the big stories and ranking our Top 10 drivers from the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship season, my colleague Chris Estrada and I are taking a look back on how each of the 23 Formula One drivers who took to the grid fared this past year.
It was a relatively anonymous second season in F1 for Caterham’s Charles Pic…
No. 20 Caterham-Renault
2013 Stats: 0 Wins, 0 Podiums, 0 Top-5, 0 Top-10s, 0 Laps Led (Best Finish: 14th, Malaysia and Korea)
Average Start: 19.8
Average Finish: 17.7
DiZinno says: I don’t really have much to say about Charles Pic. In two seasons I can’t really remember the quiet Frenchman doing much of anything noteworthy on track. But, he hasn’t done anything bad either that would make you remember him for the wrong reasons. There were a number of infractions and mistakes his second year you wouldn’t necessarily expect, though.
Estrada says: Pic was supposed to be the bell cow for Caterham, but he wasn’t all that much better than rookie teammate Giedo van der Garde. It’s true that multiple mechanical failures didn’t help his stat line but he also made some rough errors, including blowing off red lights at both Korea and Japan (the latter incident got him a drive-through penalty before the race even started, a first in F1 history). If Caterham chooses to leave Pic out in the cold this off-season, it wouldn’t be a big surprise.
- Gossage to Walker: “We needed a more competitive race this year than last year” 0
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: Chevrolet Indy Dual in Detroit 0
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 5
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1