Dec 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
After talking about the big stories and ranking our Top 10 drivers from the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship season, my colleague Chris Estrada and I are taking a look back on how each of the 23 Formula One drivers who took to the grid fared this past year.
Making history in 2013 – at least, in a small way – was Max Chilton…
No. 23 Marussia-Cosworth
2013 Stats: 0 Wins, 0 Podiums, 0 Top-5, 0 Top-10s, 0 Laps Led (Best Finish: 14th, Monaco)
Average Start: 20.6
Average Finish: 18.2
DiZinno says: Max Chilton set a rookie record by finishing all 19 races, and that will be the excellent bullet point he can highlight for the rest of his career. Otherwise, there was little that really impressed the paddock, other than a very good qualifying effort at Suzuka.
Estrada says: The aforementioned rookie record does show that Chilton can get the car home in one piece – but not much else. Jules Bianchi easily won the fight inside Marussia, and the Englishman was often left to his own devices at the rear of the field. It may well be more of the same next year.
Video from NASCAR America
- 2014 Singapore Grand Prix Preview 0
- NASCAR AMERICA: Matt Kenseth confident as Loudon looms (VIDEO) 0
- Singapore GP, Red Bull GRC highlight weekend’s NBC motorsports coverage 0
- NASCAR: Richard Petty Motorsports committed to two-car program in 2015 6
- NASCAR: STANLEY, DEWALT join JGR in 2015 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: One Sprint Cup title not enough for Keselowski (VIDEO) 0
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0