Dec 20, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
After talking about the big stories and ranking our Top 10 drivers from the 2013 FIA Formula One World Championship season, my colleague Chris Estrada and I are taking a look back on how each of the 23 Formula One drivers who took to the grid fared this past year.
Making history in 2013 – at least, in a small way – was Max Chilton…
No. 23 Marussia-Cosworth
2013 Stats: 0 Wins, 0 Podiums, 0 Top-5, 0 Top-10s, 0 Laps Led (Best Finish: 14th, Monaco)
Average Start: 20.6
Average Finish: 18.2
DiZinno says: Max Chilton set a rookie record by finishing all 19 races, and that will be the excellent bullet point he can highlight for the rest of his career. Otherwise, there was little that really impressed the paddock, other than a very good qualifying effort at Suzuka.
Estrada says: The aforementioned rookie record does show that Chilton can get the car home in one piece – but not much else. Jules Bianchi easily won the fight inside Marussia, and the Englishman was often left to his own devices at the rear of the field. It may well be more of the same next year.
- After safety concerns, NASCAR announces changes to qualifying 1
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 1
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 1
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)