Dec 20, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
Here’s a brief roundup of teams and drivers that have tested at least one day since the end of the IndyCar Series season at Fontana. Drivers in italics do not have a confirmed seat for 2014:
- Chip Ganassi Racing: Scott Dixon, Tony Kanaan, Charlie Kimball, Alex Tagliani
- Team Penske: Will Power, Helio Castroneves, Juan Pablo Montoya
- Andretti Autosport: Marco Andretti, James Hinchcliffe, Ryan Hunter-Reay
- Schmidt Peterson Motorsports: Simon Pagenaud, Mikhail Aleshin
- KVSH Racing: Sebastien Bourdais, Mikael Grenier
- Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing: Graham Rahal
- A.J. Foyt Racing: Takuma Sato
- Ed Carpenter Racing: Mike Conway
- Sarah Fisher Hartman Racing: Josef Newgarden
- Dale Coyne Racing: Arie Luyendyk Jr., Francesco Dracone, Jack Hawksworth, Giuseppe Cipriani
Confirmed drivers who haven’t tested since Fontana
- Chip Ganassi Racing: Ryan Briscoe
- Andretti Autosport: Carlos Munoz
- Ed Carpenter Racing: Ed Carpenter
Although Coyne has tested four drivers, none of them drove for the team in 2013. Justin Wilson, who’s projected to return, has not yet tested as he recovers from his injuries incurred at Fontana.
Montoya has had the most testing thus far with outings in Sebring, Phoenix and Sonoma, with another test day at Fontana postponed due to high winds. The 1999 CART champion and 2000 Indianapolis 500 winner is making his open wheel return for the first time since 2006. All of the other drivers who have tested above have had at least one day at the Sebring short course; a recap after Wednesday’s test is linked here.
Barracuda Racing, which has not confirmed its 2014 driver, has not tested this offseason. Nor has Panther Racing, whose 2014 plans are still being determined.
Testing is blacked out from December 21 through January 8. The next scheduled test is a Chevrolet Manufacturer’s Test January 17 at Sebring. Currently Ganassi, Penske, Carpenter, KV and Panther are listed for that, Panther with a driver TBD and Ganassi with Briscoe listed for the first time.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5