Dec 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards has testing at Daytona International Speedway this weekend. ARCA, while not affiliated directly with NASCAR, is a stock car racing series that generally kicks off Daytona Speedweeks in style with a barnburner of a 200-mile race.
Of note, two female drivers have some races confirmed in the series for 2014. Series veteran, environmental activist and occasional stunt double Leilani Munter will be one of five drivers testing this weekend for Venturini Motorsports; Munter is also confirmed to race with the team in its No. 55 entry at Daytona. More info on that is linked here.
Meanwhile, former USF2000 open-wheel racer Shannon McIntosh will test for Cunningham Motorsports this weekend. McIntosh competed in USF2000 for two full seasons (2011-2012) and now returns to her oval roots. She’ll race either 6 or 7 events, beginning April 27 at Salem Speedway. More info for that is linked here.
- As NHRA closes in on 100 wins by female racers, it all started with one of the greatest, Shirley Muldowney 0
- Brad Keselowski: Changes overdue to Sprint Cup schedule; offers his ideas 4
- Richard Petty to return at Richmond, first race since wife Lynda’s death 1
- NASCAR VP: 2015 Sprint Cup engine package to be revealed before All-Star Race 0
- Too much, too fast, too soon: The sad saga of Swan Racing 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (13)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)