Dec 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EDT
The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards has testing at Daytona International Speedway this weekend. ARCA, while not affiliated directly with NASCAR, is a stock car racing series that generally kicks off Daytona Speedweeks in style with a barnburner of a 200-mile race.
Of note, two female drivers have some races confirmed in the series for 2014. Series veteran, environmental activist and occasional stunt double Leilani Munter will be one of five drivers testing this weekend for Venturini Motorsports; Munter is also confirmed to race with the team in its No. 55 entry at Daytona. More info on that is linked here.
Meanwhile, former USF2000 open-wheel racer Shannon McIntosh will test for Cunningham Motorsports this weekend. McIntosh competed in USF2000 for two full seasons (2011-2012) and now returns to her oval roots. She’ll race either 6 or 7 events, beginning April 27 at Salem Speedway. More info for that is linked here.
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Rosberg joins Hill, Prost and Senna as Monaco three-peat winners after gifted victory 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 2
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 10
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 53