Dec 20, 2013, 3:00 PM EST
The ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards has testing at Daytona International Speedway this weekend. ARCA, while not affiliated directly with NASCAR, is a stock car racing series that generally kicks off Daytona Speedweeks in style with a barnburner of a 200-mile race.
Of note, two female drivers have some races confirmed in the series for 2014. Series veteran, environmental activist and occasional stunt double Leilani Munter will be one of five drivers testing this weekend for Venturini Motorsports; Munter is also confirmed to race with the team in its No. 55 entry at Daytona. More info on that is linked here.
Meanwhile, former USF2000 open-wheel racer Shannon McIntosh will test for Cunningham Motorsports this weekend. McIntosh competed in USF2000 for two full seasons (2011-2012) and now returns to her oval roots. She’ll race either 6 or 7 events, beginning April 27 at Salem Speedway. More info for that is linked here.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0