Dec 20, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Red Bull announced earlier today that Pierre Wache has become the team’s new head of vehicle dynamics, replacing Mark Ellis who is set to move to Mercedes next summer.
Wache previously served as Red Bull’s chief engineer of car performance and joined the World Champions this past June following his departure from Sauber.
The move comes one day after Mercedes announced that Ellis and fellow Red Bull member Giles Wood would join their side in June of 2014 – Ellis as performance director, Wood as chief engineer for simulations and development.
Here’s the full statement from Red Bull:
“Infiniti Red Bull Racing is pleased to advise that Pierre Waché, Chief Engineer, Car Performance, will take over responsibility for the Vehicle Dynamics department for the team with immediate effect. Having been recruited twelve months ago, Pierre joined the team from Sauber in June and is now well positioned to take on this new role. The team would like to thank Mark Ellis and Giles Wood for their contribution and wish them well for the future.”
- Bubba Wallace dominates to win MudSummer Classic at Eldora (updated) 1
- Kurt Busch 25th in Sprint Cup points — IndyCar, too 1
- Report: Toto Wolff speaks out against F1′s double points finale 5
- IndyCar: Toronto weekend analysis, musings and observations 0
- NASCAR’s Brian France on RTA’s formation: “We didn’t think it was necessary” 13