Dec 20, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
Red Bull announced earlier today that Pierre Wache has become the team’s new head of vehicle dynamics, replacing Mark Ellis who is set to move to Mercedes next summer.
Wache previously served as Red Bull’s chief engineer of car performance and joined the World Champions this past June following his departure from Sauber.
The move comes one day after Mercedes announced that Ellis and fellow Red Bull member Giles Wood would join their side in June of 2014 – Ellis as performance director, Wood as chief engineer for simulations and development.
Here’s the full statement from Red Bull:
“Infiniti Red Bull Racing is pleased to advise that Pierre Waché, Chief Engineer, Car Performance, will take over responsibility for the Vehicle Dynamics department for the team with immediate effect. Having been recruited twelve months ago, Pierre joined the team from Sauber in June and is now well positioned to take on this new role. The team would like to thank Mark Ellis and Giles Wood for their contribution and wish them well for the future.”
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 10
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1