Dec 20, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
Christmas is a special time everywhere but depending on the locale, the traditions of the season can be rather unique. Just ask Team Penske’s Will Power, who hails from Toowoomba, Australia – a place that has its own ways of celebrating the holiday.
For example, instead of chestnuts, Power maintains that he and his loved ones in Toowoomba roast bits of crocodile over an open fire before having a race into town on kangaroos. Naturally, Power’s own ‘roo is a fast one.
“He’s actually over six feet,” Power says in the IndyCar clip above. “It’s a six-foot big red and his name’s Steve. He’s good fun. Usually, he kicks all the other guys…My brothers are riding them.”
Power then shifts into what he would get his teammates and bosses at Team Penske if he were Santa Claus. For Helio Castroneves and Juan Pablo Montoya, he would put a bottle of “Touch of Gray” hair color in their stockings, reasoning that the look might be “sophisticated” but “not as fast on the track.”
And for Penske president Tim Cindric and team owner Roger Penske? “I’d give them whatever they want, because I want the best stuff,” Power said, presumably referring to his No. 12 Verizon Chevrolet.
You should probably have figured out by now that this is all just a bit of holiday humor on Power and IndyCar’s part. But it’s appreciated nonetheless.
Video from NASCAR America
- Hamilton inches away from Rosberg to top FP2 at COTA 0
- Sebastian Vettel to start United States GP from pit lane 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for United States GP 1
- 2014 United States Grand Prix Preview 0
- Road To: Mercedes teaser – The very first Mercedes-Benz car (VIDEO) 0
- 2015 IndyCar schedule officially revealed; 17 races including 12 on NBCSN (VIDEO) 3
- Bianchi remains “critical but stable” but continues to fight, says family 2