Dec 21, 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
Two days down, one more to go for the ARCA Racing Series, which is conducting an Open Test this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway.
So far, it’s been a good test for Venturini Motorsports, which has seen its drivers top the charts both today and on Friday. Today, Justin Boston hit P1 in the afternoon session with a lap at 183.602 miles per hour in the No. 25 ZLoop Toyota.
Justin Allison was second-quickest this afternoon (183.475), followed by Spencer Gallagher in third (183.460), NASCAR Camping World Truck Series veteran John Wes Townley in fourth (183.441), and Tyler Reddick in fifth (183.419). Michael Self was tops in the morning session at 181.704 mph.
Townley, driving the No. 15 Toyota, led both sessions on Friday and had a hot lap of 183.501 mph that he achieved in the afternoon. In that session, Reddick was second (182.408), Tom Hessert was third (182.301), former Road to Indy prospect Shannon McIntosh was fourth (182.138), and Self was fifth (182.087).
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 0
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)