Dec 21, 2013, 8:07 PM EDT
Two days down, one more to go for the ARCA Racing Series, which is conducting an Open Test this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway.
So far, it’s been a good test for Venturini Motorsports, which has seen its drivers top the charts both today and on Friday. Today, Justin Boston hit P1 in the afternoon session with a lap at 183.602 miles per hour in the No. 25 ZLoop Toyota.
Justin Allison was second-quickest this afternoon (183.475), followed by Spencer Gallagher in third (183.460), NASCAR Camping World Truck Series veteran John Wes Townley in fourth (183.441), and Tyler Reddick in fifth (183.419). Michael Self was tops in the morning session at 181.704 mph.
Townley, driving the No. 15 Toyota, led both sessions on Friday and had a hot lap of 183.501 mph that he achieved in the afternoon. In that session, Reddick was second (182.408), Tom Hessert was third (182.301), former Road to Indy prospect Shannon McIntosh was fourth (182.138), and Self was fifth (182.087).
- Drivers ponder why cars didn’t go airborne during the Indianapolis 500 4
- Bell: “A wild Indy 500 without the finish we desired” 0
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 3
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 11
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 4
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 54