Dec 21, 2013, 8:07 PM EST
Two days down, one more to go for the ARCA Racing Series, which is conducting an Open Test this weekend at the Daytona International Speedway.
So far, it’s been a good test for Venturini Motorsports, which has seen its drivers top the charts both today and on Friday. Today, Justin Boston hit P1 in the afternoon session with a lap at 183.602 miles per hour in the No. 25 ZLoop Toyota.
Justin Allison was second-quickest this afternoon (183.475), followed by Spencer Gallagher in third (183.460), NASCAR Camping World Truck Series veteran John Wes Townley in fourth (183.441), and Tyler Reddick in fifth (183.419). Michael Self was tops in the morning session at 181.704 mph.
Townley, driving the No. 15 Toyota, led both sessions on Friday and had a hot lap of 183.501 mph that he achieved in the afternoon. In that session, Reddick was second (182.408), Tom Hessert was third (182.301), former Road to Indy prospect Shannon McIntosh was fourth (182.138), and Self was fifth (182.087).
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 1
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11