Dec 22, 2013, 5:00 PM EST
Emerging NASCAR talent Kenzie Ruston is pairing with another of NASCAR’s potential future stars, Ben Kennedy, at Kennedy’s K&N Pro Series East team in 2014.
Ruston, 22, a member of NASCAR’s “NASCAR Next” initiative for finding and discovering young drivers, made her debut in the series this past season with the Turner Scott Motorsports team. She finished sixth in the series championship with four top-five finishes, with a best finish of third place at Greenville (S.C.) Pickens Speedway in April.
“Jumping into the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East last year was a great experience and I really learned a lot in my first year,” said Ruston, via NASCAR.com. “Having competed against Ben and his team, I’ve seen firsthand the dedication and level of excellence they bring to the track.”
Kennedy, 21, is moving into the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series full-time in 2014 with TSM, but the Ruston signing allows the Ben Kennedy Racing squad to remain in its Daytona Beach shop and keep competing in K&N. Kennedy is the great grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr.
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 2
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3