Dec 23, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Last Wednesday, Adrian Sutil continued his acclimation process to the Sauber team with a seat fitting in the new, recently homologated C33 chassis. As part of his visit, he also talked about a wide variety of topics for an interview that the Hinwil team recently posted over the weekend.
The German competitor has stated that he plans on breaking a career-long podium drought with Sauber, and with the new rules and regulations coming in for next year, he believes that there will be early-season opportunities for great finishes – not just for him and Sauber, but for the other small teams in the F1 paddock.
“It’s a big job for the whole team to be ready for the first few test days but from a driver’s point of view, there are big chances in the first few races to get it right – or to maybe also mess it up,” Sutil said in the interview.
“I see big chances for small teams to reach exceptional results at the early races. Maybe, a podium is in reach. We never know. But I think a rule change is always good to mix up the field again. At the moment, we have the normal teams at the front, all the others at the back, so it’s all pretty well-sorted. I think there will be a mix of teams [where] probably some didn’t expect those teams to be there.”
You can watch the rest of the 10-minute interview above.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)