Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Leave it to Magnus Racing to spread some festive holiday cheer of the sports car racing variety.
The Salt Lake City, Utah-based team, which very nearly won the 2013 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT class title before contact at the last race, has often put out some of the most noteworthy racing press releases. Magnus’ PR crew, The Media Barons, specialize in satire and humor via their PR authors.
With the Roar Before the 24 test only a little more than a week away, the final official test before the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship kicks off Jan. 25-26 in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Magnus offered a Christmas-themed message to describe the current angst in the regulations.
The team will field a Porsche 911 GT America in TUDOR’s GT Daytona (GTD) class with full season drivers John Potter and Andy Lally. The press release, is, well, typical Magnus … which is to say rather brilliant.
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Report: F1 apparently headed for Azerbaijan in 2015 or 2016 (5)
- The Dos Equis guy will give NASCAR’s start your engines command in Las Vegas (5)