Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Leave it to Magnus Racing to spread some festive holiday cheer of the sports car racing variety.
The Salt Lake City, Utah-based team, which very nearly won the 2013 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT class title before contact at the last race, has often put out some of the most noteworthy racing press releases. Magnus’ PR crew, The Media Barons, specialize in satire and humor via their PR authors.
With the Roar Before the 24 test only a little more than a week away, the final official test before the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship kicks off Jan. 25-26 in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Magnus offered a Christmas-themed message to describe the current angst in the regulations.
The team will field a Porsche 911 GT America in TUDOR’s GT Daytona (GTD) class with full season drivers John Potter and Andy Lally. The press release, is, well, typical Magnus … which is to say rather brilliant.
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0
- Texas Motor Speedway president Eddie Gossage plans to talk with IndyCar about potential changes to cars 4
- Hamilton storms to first Monaco GP pole position 1
- Vettel fastest for Ferrari in final practice for Monaco GP 0
- Chip Ganassi lobbying for IndyCar schedule changes 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar, Indy Lights Carb Day (11 a.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- IndyCar driver raises concern about design of wishbone that injured James Hinchcliffe in crash 4