Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
Leave it to Magnus Racing to spread some festive holiday cheer of the sports car racing variety.
The Salt Lake City, Utah-based team, which very nearly won the 2013 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT class title before contact at the last race, has often put out some of the most noteworthy racing press releases. Magnus’ PR crew, The Media Barons, specialize in satire and humor via their PR authors.
With the Roar Before the 24 test only a little more than a week away, the final official test before the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship kicks off Jan. 25-26 in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Magnus offered a Christmas-themed message to describe the current angst in the regulations.
The team will field a Porsche 911 GT America in TUDOR’s GT Daytona (GTD) class with full season drivers John Potter and Andy Lally. The press release, is, well, typical Magnus … which is to say rather brilliant.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- F1 pre-season testing ends with Bottas fastest for Williams 0
- Lewis Hamilton explains decision to reject #1 for 2015 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0