Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Leave it to Magnus Racing to spread some festive holiday cheer of the sports car racing variety.
The Salt Lake City, Utah-based team, which very nearly won the 2013 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT class title before contact at the last race, has often put out some of the most noteworthy racing press releases. Magnus’ PR crew, The Media Barons, specialize in satire and humor via their PR authors.
With the Roar Before the 24 test only a little more than a week away, the final official test before the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship kicks off Jan. 25-26 in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Magnus offered a Christmas-themed message to describe the current angst in the regulations.
The team will field a Porsche 911 GT America in TUDOR’s GT Daytona (GTD) class with full season drivers John Potter and Andy Lally. The press release, is, well, typical Magnus … which is to say rather brilliant.
Video from NASCAR America
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 4
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 22
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 6