Dec 26, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
Leave it to Magnus Racing to spread some festive holiday cheer of the sports car racing variety.
The Salt Lake City, Utah-based team, which very nearly won the 2013 GRAND-AM Rolex Series GT class title before contact at the last race, has often put out some of the most noteworthy racing press releases. Magnus’ PR crew, The Media Barons, specialize in satire and humor via their PR authors.
With the Roar Before the 24 test only a little more than a week away, the final official test before the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship kicks off Jan. 25-26 in the Rolex 24 at Daytona, Magnus offered a Christmas-themed message to describe the current angst in the regulations.
The team will field a Porsche 911 GT America in TUDOR’s GT Daytona (GTD) class with full season drivers John Potter and Andy Lally. The press release, is, well, typical Magnus … which is to say rather brilliant.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3