Dec 26, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
FAS Lane Racing, which fields the No. 32 Ford Fusion in the Sprint Cup Series, has entered into a joint venture with Go Green Racing and has brought in Terry Labonte to drive for them at the Daytona 500 in February.
Go Green Racing raced with multiple drivers last year in the Nationwide Series, including Jeffrey Earnhardt, the grandson of seven-time Sprint Cup champion Dale Earnhardt, Sr.
“Frank has a great program here at FAS Lane Racing and we believe that by combining our resources, we can take the program to the next level,” said Archie St. Hilaire, Go Green’s owner.
“It’s been my goal to race in the Sprint Cup Series on a weekly basis and this joint venture makes the most sense for both parties.”
Frank Stoddard, team owner at FAS Lane, said that the partnership with St. Hilaire’s team would allow him to focus on growing the small team on the business side of things.
“I have spread myself too thin with my multiple roles over the past three seasons,” said Stoddard. “We will both be able to work harder with our existing sponsors as well as the many new ones we look forward to working with.”
As for Labonte, the two-time Cup champion was one of four drivers that helped the No. 32 finish 37th in Cup owner’s points this past season. Labonte himself ran five races in the car with a top finish of 19th at Daytona in the Coke Zero 400.
He, along with the other drivers that will compete in the No. 32 (which will be revealed in the coming weeks according to the team), will have Dan Stillman as crew chief.
Stillman served in the same capacity this past season for driver German Quiroga and Red Horse Racing in the Camping World Truck Series.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 0
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 0
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5