Dec 27, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
After running its first test last month in France, Formula E’s all-electric Spark-Renault SRT_01E racer is now set for its first-ever public demonstration in Las Vegas on Jan. 6, 2014.
Formula E development driver Lucas di Grassi will be behind the wheel as part of a special event for invited guests, media, and the public at the Mandalay Bay resort and casino.
The demo will take place in conjunction with the International Consumer Electronic Show and will also mark the SRT_01E’s first-ever appearance in the United States.
“It’s going to be a fantastic spectacle and a great way for us to start the New Year in a very positive way,” Formula E Holdings CEO Alejandro Agag said. “2014 is, of course, a very big year for Formula E with the championship starting in Beijing in September.
“Before then, we want to showcase this amazing fully-electric car to as many people as possible so they can see, and hear, what to look forward to.”
Designed and built by French company Spark Racing Technologies, the car has also been created with the help of Dallara (chassis), Williams (battery design), McLaren (powertrain/electronics), Renault (system integration), and Michelin (tires).
The car was first unveiled in Germany during this fall’s Frankfurt Motor Show.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 90
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 5
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 15
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1