Dec 27, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
After running its first test last month in France, Formula E’s all-electric Spark-Renault SRT_01E racer is now set for its first-ever public demonstration in Las Vegas on Jan. 6, 2014.
Formula E development driver Lucas di Grassi will be behind the wheel as part of a special event for invited guests, media, and the public at the Mandalay Bay resort and casino.
The demo will take place in conjunction with the International Consumer Electronic Show and will also mark the SRT_01E’s first-ever appearance in the United States.
“It’s going to be a fantastic spectacle and a great way for us to start the New Year in a very positive way,” Formula E Holdings CEO Alejandro Agag said. “2014 is, of course, a very big year for Formula E with the championship starting in Beijing in September.
“Before then, we want to showcase this amazing fully-electric car to as many people as possible so they can see, and hear, what to look forward to.”
Designed and built by French company Spark Racing Technologies, the car has also been created with the help of Dallara (chassis), Williams (battery design), McLaren (powertrain/electronics), Renault (system integration), and Michelin (tires).
The car was first unveiled in Germany during this fall’s Frankfurt Motor Show.
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 0
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 4
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 7
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1
- Power on pole in Penske top-four sweep of St. Petersburg qualifying 1
- One spectator killed, others injured, at VLN Endurance event in Germany 4