Dec 28, 2013, 3:13 PM EST
Has Indy Lights champion Sage Karam found a drive for the 2014 season – and if so, where?
Karam earned three wins and nine podiums en route to claiming the 2013 Lights championship for Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, but he hadn’t been able to land an IndyCar ride for 2014.
However, it would seem that something positive has come up for the Pennsylvania native.
“Yeah, some things happened [Wednesday] that are going to be good for us in 2014,” Karam said to the Allentown (Pa.) Morning Call. “I can’t really say anything right now, but hopefully in the next week or two, something will be publicized.”
The Call’s article refers to a pair of Christmas Day tweets from Karam and his father. The first one, from Karam himself: “Insane phone call this morning. Hopefully can share something with you all soon.”
His father then followed up with: “MF knows how to make Christmas morning totally amazing! Didn’t see this coming.” And as Call writer Paul Reinhard notes, that MF may be Michael Fux, the founder and CEO of Comfort Revolution, a sleep products company that has backed Karam for several seasons.
As colleague Tony DiZinno noted, Karam has been among the top Lights prospects in the mix for IndyCar rides but missed out on moving up to Sam Schmidt’s big-league team when Mikhail Aleshin grabbed the second Schmidt seat alongside Simon Pagenaud.
But now, it seems things are looking up. We’ll see if something indeed goes official for him in the New Year.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 2
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5