Dec 28, 2013, 5:16 PM EST
Force India has announced a technical partnership with high-performance wheel brand Motegi Racing that will see the team’s 2014 machine be fitted with the company’s wheels.
“2014 is a landmark year for Formula One with so many changes to the regulations and in order to be competitive we have to focus on developing all areas of the car,” Force India COO Otmar Szafnauer said in a statement.
“It gives me great confidence to have the expertise and experience of Motegi Racing supporting us at such an important time. Our technical team will be working very closely with them to enhance the performance of our wheels.”
Motegi already supplies wheels to teams across multiple disciplines, including sports car racing and IndyCar racing, but now is making its way into the world’s most popular motorsport with Force India.
“This is a milestone achievement for our company as we prepare to supply our Motegi Racing wheels to compete at the pinnacle of racing technology in Formula One,” said Jody Groce, the president of Wheel Pros LLC.
“It’s an interesting time to be involved in Formula One and we are honored to become Sahara Force India’s technical wheel partner as the sport prepares for one of the most significant technical transformations in its history…”
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3
- Fernando Alonso thanks fans for support following crash 1
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Thursday 0
- Massa fastest for Williams as final F1 pre-season test begins 5