Dec 28, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Force India has announced a technical partnership with high-performance wheel brand Motegi Racing that will see the team’s 2014 machine be fitted with the company’s wheels.
“2014 is a landmark year for Formula One with so many changes to the regulations and in order to be competitive we have to focus on developing all areas of the car,” Force India COO Otmar Szafnauer said in a statement.
“It gives me great confidence to have the expertise and experience of Motegi Racing supporting us at such an important time. Our technical team will be working very closely with them to enhance the performance of our wheels.”
Motegi already supplies wheels to teams across multiple disciplines, including sports car racing and IndyCar racing, but now is making its way into the world’s most popular motorsport with Force India.
“This is a milestone achievement for our company as we prepare to supply our Motegi Racing wheels to compete at the pinnacle of racing technology in Formula One,” said Jody Groce, the president of Wheel Pros LLC.
“It’s an interesting time to be involved in Formula One and we are honored to become Sahara Force India’s technical wheel partner as the sport prepares for one of the most significant technical transformations in its history…”
Video from NASCAR America
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1