Dec 30, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Add Colin Braun and Rob Huff to the list of confirmed drivers for the 2014 TUDOR United SportsCar Championship. The talented young American (Braun) and 2012 FIA World Touring Car Champion (Huff) will each race in the PC class, as Braun continues with CORE autosport and Huff will race selected events with Starworks Motorsport.
Braun will team for his third full season at CORE with team principal and co-driver Jon Bennett, in the renumbered No. 54 ORECA FLM09 (had been No. 05). The team has won the PC class championship the last three seasons since entering in the American Le Mans Series in 2011. Braun made his GT class debut in CORE’s Porsche 911 GT3 RSR in the second half of last year (pictured) but will bolster the team’s PC effort.
“It feels great to be back with this CORE autosport team and with Jon as my co-driver,” Braun said in a release. “Over the past two years I’ve seen what this team is capable of and winning the team championship the past three years shows that I’m with a championship-caliber team, which is where every race car driver wants to be. This team really has become like family and I am very glad to be keeping our tight knit group of guys together for 2014 as well.”
Huff, meanwhile, will make his prototype race debut at the Rolex 24 at Daytona and is Starworks’ third confirmed PC class driver in 2014, alongside Sam Bird and Isaac Tutumlu. Starworks is yet to announce pairings for the full season. Huff is expected to race in Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen and Petit Le Mans with another full WTCC season also on tap.
“I’m looking forward to pitting myself against such a vast mix of world-renowned drivers from the highest echelons of single-seater and sports car racing – it will provide me with a real benchmark for my own performances – and it will be particularly as part of the newly-unified Grand-Am and American Le Mans championships – the USSC – which has massive potential,” he said in a release.
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)