Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
From the “I can’t believe I’m really writing this” and “This really, really isn’t good for this profession” files, I now have to write this next bit of seriously screwed up news regarding the press at Michael Schumacher’s hospital in France.
Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, told German journalists that one journalist dressed as a priest to sneak into the operating room.
“Apparently a journalist dressed as a priest had tried to gain access to Michael’s room,” Kehm said to a reporter from Die Welt. “I wouldn’t have ever imagined something like this could happen.”
But, apparently, there were some folks wise to it and sanity prevailed when his cover was blown and he was escorted off the premises.
Still, though. To quote the Saturday Night Live “Weekend Update” bit done by Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler, “Really?!?”
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)