Dec 31, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT
From the “I can’t believe I’m really writing this” and “This really, really isn’t good for this profession” files, I now have to write this next bit of seriously screwed up news regarding the press at Michael Schumacher’s hospital in France.
Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm, told German journalists that one journalist dressed as a priest to sneak into the operating room.
“Apparently a journalist dressed as a priest had tried to gain access to Michael’s room,” Kehm said to a reporter from Die Welt. “I wouldn’t have ever imagined something like this could happen.”
But, apparently, there were some folks wise to it and sanity prevailed when his cover was blown and he was escorted off the premises.
Still, though. To quote the Saturday Night Live “Weekend Update” bit done by Seth Meyers and Amy Poehler, “Really?!?”
- Red Bull’s Horner says Mercedes could lap field twice in Oz 0
- Complete 2014 F1 on NBC Sports TV Times, Schedule 0
- Keselowski’s crew chief on cooldown issue: “It’s a tough spot” 0
- IndyCar’s “nearly” man, Justin Wilson, set to overachieve once more 0
- The ingredients are set for Graham Rahal’s big, breakout year 0
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)