Jan 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
New Year’s Day is a traditionally big afternoon for college football, and two of NASCAR’s most popular competitors have gotten in on the pigskin fun.
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick brought out his new No. 4 Outback Steakhouse/Budweiser Chevrolet (pictured) onto the field at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida during pre-game ceremonies for today’s Outback Bowl between Iowa and No. 16 LSU.
Upon getting out of the car, Harvick then carried out the coin toss for the game.
Also making a bowl appearance was Hendrick Motorsports’ Dale Earnhardt Jr., who carried some important items – the game ball and coin – in his No. 88 Chevrolet as he drove out to midfield before today’s TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
That game wound up going to Nebraska, who earned a 24-19 win over No. 23 Georgia.
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)