Jan 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
New Year’s Day is a traditionally big afternoon for college football, and two of NASCAR’s most popular competitors have gotten in on the pigskin fun.
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick brought out his new No. 4 Outback Steakhouse/Budweiser Chevrolet (pictured) onto the field at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida during pre-game ceremonies for today’s Outback Bowl between Iowa and No. 16 LSU.
Upon getting out of the car, Harvick then carried out the coin toss for the game.
Also making a bowl appearance was Hendrick Motorsports’ Dale Earnhardt Jr., who carried some important items – the game ball and coin – in his No. 88 Chevrolet as he drove out to midfield before today’s TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
That game wound up going to Nebraska, who earned a 24-19 win over No. 23 Georgia.
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 1
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 1
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 8
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)