Jan 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EST
New Year’s Day is a traditionally big afternoon for college football, and two of NASCAR’s most popular competitors have gotten in on the pigskin fun.
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick brought out his new No. 4 Outback Steakhouse/Budweiser Chevrolet (pictured) onto the field at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida during pre-game ceremonies for today’s Outback Bowl between Iowa and No. 16 LSU.
Upon getting out of the car, Harvick then carried out the coin toss for the game.
Also making a bowl appearance was Hendrick Motorsports’ Dale Earnhardt Jr., who carried some important items – the game ball and coin – in his No. 88 Chevrolet as he drove out to midfield before today’s TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
That game wound up going to Nebraska, who earned a 24-19 win over No. 23 Georgia.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 1
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 3
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0