Jan 1, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
New Year’s Day is a traditionally big afternoon for college football, and two of NASCAR’s most popular competitors have gotten in on the pigskin fun.
Stewart-Haas Racing’s Kevin Harvick brought out his new No. 4 Outback Steakhouse/Budweiser Chevrolet (pictured) onto the field at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida during pre-game ceremonies for today’s Outback Bowl between Iowa and No. 16 LSU.
Upon getting out of the car, Harvick then carried out the coin toss for the game.
Also making a bowl appearance was Hendrick Motorsports’ Dale Earnhardt Jr., who carried some important items – the game ball and coin – in his No. 88 Chevrolet as he drove out to midfield before today’s TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl at EverBank Field in Jacksonville, Florida.
That game wound up going to Nebraska, who earned a 24-19 win over No. 23 Georgia.
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Long Beach (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 0
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 1
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0
- Hamilton closes out Bahrain GP practice on top 0