Jan 1, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
The latest update on Michael Schumacher’s condition came from his longtime manager, Sabine Kehm, who told reporters Wednesday that the seven-time Formula One World Champion is now stable, but still critical overall.
“The good news for today is … there’s no significant changes,” Kehm said outside the hospital in Grenoble, France, where Schumacher is being treated. “However, it is still very early, and the situation overall is critical.”
Kehm added that the accident itself, details of which had yet to emerge since it happened on Sunday, was more a case of bad luck than anything else. When turning a corner, he hit a rock but was not traveling at a high speed.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3