Jan 1, 2014, 9:15 AM EST
The latest update on Michael Schumacher’s condition came from his longtime manager, Sabine Kehm, who told reporters Wednesday that the seven-time Formula One World Champion is now stable, but still critical overall.
“The good news for today is … there’s no significant changes,” Kehm said outside the hospital in Grenoble, France, where Schumacher is being treated. “However, it is still very early, and the situation overall is critical.”
Kehm added that the accident itself, details of which had yet to emerge since it happened on Sunday, was more a case of bad luck than anything else. When turning a corner, he hit a rock but was not traveling at a high speed.
Video from NASCAR America
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2
- Force India confirms Sergio Perez on multi-year deal 2
- Nico Rosberg rallies to pole position in Abu Dhabi 0
- Rosberg closes out Abu Dhabi practice fastest 1