Jan 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
A bit of a programming note for you NASCAR fans out there: Roush Fenway Racing’s Carl Edwards will look to help get contestants on “The Biggest Loser” into shape as part of a special two-hour episode that will air on NBC this coming Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. ET.
Edwards, who has been long regarded as one of the bigger fitness enthusiasts in the Sprint Cup garage, will be on hand to motivate the players and administer “a fast-paced workout on the racetrack grandstand” according to a press release from the Peacock.
A photo of Edwards and TBL trainer Dolvett Quince came with the release, and judging from it, the particular track to be featured in the show is the half-mile Irwindale Speedway in southern California, which had NASCAR short-track racing return this past season.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 2
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3