Jan 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
A bit of a programming note for you NASCAR fans out there: Roush Fenway Racing’s Carl Edwards will look to help get contestants on “The Biggest Loser” into shape as part of a special two-hour episode that will air on NBC this coming Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. ET.
Edwards, who has been long regarded as one of the bigger fitness enthusiasts in the Sprint Cup garage, will be on hand to motivate the players and administer “a fast-paced workout on the racetrack grandstand” according to a press release from the Peacock.
A photo of Edwards and TBL trainer Dolvett Quince came with the release, and judging from it, the particular track to be featured in the show is the half-mile Irwindale Speedway in southern California, which had NASCAR short-track racing return this past season.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon’s “Drive For Five” continues at Martinsville (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR won’t penalize Ryan Newman, No. 31 team for Talladega infraction 0
- Total CEO dies in Moscow plane crash 1
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 1
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 5