Jan 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
A bit of a programming note for you NASCAR fans out there: Roush Fenway Racing’s Carl Edwards will look to help get contestants on “The Biggest Loser” into shape as part of a special two-hour episode that will air on NBC this coming Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. ET.
Edwards, who has been long regarded as one of the bigger fitness enthusiasts in the Sprint Cup garage, will be on hand to motivate the players and administer “a fast-paced workout on the racetrack grandstand” according to a press release from the Peacock.
A photo of Edwards and TBL trainer Dolvett Quince came with the release, and judging from it, the particular track to be featured in the show is the half-mile Irwindale Speedway in southern California, which had NASCAR short-track racing return this past season.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3