Jan 2, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
A bit of a programming note for you NASCAR fans out there: Roush Fenway Racing’s Carl Edwards will look to help get contestants on “The Biggest Loser” into shape as part of a special two-hour episode that will air on NBC this coming Tuesday, Jan. 7, at 8 p.m. ET.
Edwards, who has been long regarded as one of the bigger fitness enthusiasts in the Sprint Cup garage, will be on hand to motivate the players and administer “a fast-paced workout on the racetrack grandstand” according to a press release from the Peacock.
A photo of Edwards and TBL trainer Dolvett Quince came with the release, and judging from it, the particular track to be featured in the show is the half-mile Irwindale Speedway in southern California, which had NASCAR short-track racing return this past season.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 0
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 0
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 11
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10