Jan 3, 2014, 4:08 PM EDT
The Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge series has gotten its first two practice sessions of the weekend in at the Roar Before the Rolex 24 at Daytona International Speedway.
Leading the way this morning at Daytona was the GS class No. 09 TRG-AMR Aston Martin Vantage, which logged a lap of 109.725 miles per hour at 1 minute, 56.801 seconds. Second on the charts was the No. 158 Multimatic Ford Mustang (drivers Ian James and Billy Johnson) at 109.594 mph/1 minute, 56.941 seconds, followed by two entries from Fall-Line Motorsports in third and fourth position.
The afternoon session saw one of those Fall-Line BMW M3s, the No. 46 (drivers Trent Hindman and John Edwards), place second on the charts behind the leading No. 96 Turner Motorsports BMW M3 (drivers Bill Auberlen and Paul Dalla Lana), which topped out at 110.055 mph/1 minute, 56.451 seconds. Third-quickest in the afternoon was the No. 32 Phoenix American Ford Mustang (drivers Kurt Rezzitano and Andrew Aquilante).
All of the aforementioned vehicles and drivers were part of the GS – Grand Sport – category. As for the ST – Street Tuner – category, the No. 56 Murillo Racing BMW 328i (drivers Jeff Mosing and Eric Foss) set the pace in the morning (101.873/2 minutes, 5.804 seconds) and in the afternoon as well (101.865/2 minutes, 5.813 seconds).
The CTSCC will have another pair of practice sessions tomorrow at 11 a.m. ET and 2:45 p.m. ET.
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 0
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 0
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 0
- Double points reverse Montoya’s IndyCar championship hopes (VIDEO) 17
- Scott Dixon captures Sonoma race win and 2015 IndyCar championship (VIDEO) 16
- Robin Miller pays tribute to Justin Wilson (VIDEO) 3