Jan 3, 2014, 12:31 PM EST
UPDATE, 12:30 p.m. ET: The Schumacher family has offered this message after today’s vigil:
“The incredible sympathies shown today by the Ferrari Fans outside the hospital has utterly overwhelmed us and moved us all to tears. We are deeply grateful for it and also for all the heartwarming and heartfelt wishes for Michael to get well soon, which have reached us from all over the world.”
Today is Michael Schumacher’s 45th birthday. The seven-time Formula One World Champion is still in critical condition after his skiing accident suffered on Sunday; fans will gather outside the University Hospital Center in Grenoble, France today for a “silent and respectful rally.” As was the case on Thursday, there are no updates expected from either the medical team or Schumacher’s manager, Sabine Kehm.
In the meantime, we picked a selection of some of Schumacher’s memorable moments in F1. The only problem with that is, when you’re the most successful driver in history and have won 91 races and seven titles, you’re bound to leave out a few.
Feel free to leave some of your most memorable Schumacher moments in the comments section.
2012 European Grand Prix, Schumacher’s final podium
2006 Chinese Grand Prix, Schumacher’s final win
2004 French Grand Prix, Schumacher wins with four pit stops
2002 Belgian Grand Prix, Schumacher set a then-record 10th win of the year (now is 13)
2000 Belgian Grand Prix, Schumacher and Mika Hakkinen’s legendary scrap
1998 British Grand Prix, Schumacher wins in the pits
1996 Spanish Grand Prix, Schumacher’s first win for Ferrari
1994 Brazilian Grand Prix, Schumacher vs. Senna for the win
1991 Belgian Grand Prix, Schumacher makes his debut for Jordan
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Dale Jr. expects even more performance in 2015 0
- UPDATED — Highway to Hell(cat): Owner wrecks 707-hp Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat one hour after buying it 30
- John Force like you’ve never seen him: ‘Papa John’ the grandfather (video) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0