Jan 3, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
In the last couple days, the Pirelli World Challenge Championships has announced some exciting news, with the confirmation of the new TCA class and the projections of more than 80 cars across the series’ five classes for 2014.
There haven’t been too many driver or team announcements yet, but here’s a quick roundup of the news that has been officially confirmed in the first couple months of the offseason since the 2013 season finale at Houston.
- EFFORT Racing will run the FIA GT3-spec Porsche 911 GT3 R with Tim Bergmeister in the GT class, and Michael Mills running in the GT-A subcategory. GT-A, new for 2014, provides gentlemen drivers a separate subcategory within GT.
- DragonSpeed/Ferrari of Fort Lauderdale will run a Ferrari 458 GT3 for Swedish driver Henrik Hedman. The team is run by Elton Julian, who made his series debut in an Audi R8 LMS Ultra at Sonoma the second-to-last weekend in 2013.
- Roush Performance will run a Ford Mustang Boss 302S for Jack Roush Jr. The team shifts over from the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge.
- Motorsports Development Group with partner Watson Racing has signed Alec Udell for another season in the GTS class, with a Ford Mustang Boss 302S. Udell, 18, finished sixth in the GTS class in 2013.
- Capaldi Racing, Inc. signed Tony Buffomante for the GTS class in a Ford Mustang Boss 302S.
- WATCH LIVE: IndyCar’s championship decided in Sonoma at 1 p.m. PT, 4 ET on NBCSN 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Sonoma (4 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Porsche’s no. 17 car surges to maiden WEC victory in 6 Hours of Nürburgring 2
- Audi boss Ullrich laughs off continual F1 rumors 2
- MotorSportsTalk’s IndyCar championship pre-Sunday post round-up 0
- Power steals final pole of IndyCar’s 2015 season with new track record at Sonoma 2
- Oriol Servia reflects on his friend Justin Wilson, as he races No. 25 car at Sonoma (VIDEO) 0