Jan 3, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
NBCSN will be broadcasting Dakar Rally highlights starting on Monday. January’s annual event runs from Jan. 5 through Jan. 18 over three countries, beginning in Rosario, Argentina, running through Bolivia and ending in Valparaiso, Chile. A full breakdown of the route can be found on the Dakar website.
As for the competitors, there’s upwards of 170 motorcycle riders, nearly 50 quads, almost 150 cars and nearly 75 trucks. The car list of drivers includes big-time Dakar names such as Stephane Peterhansel, Nasser Al-Attiyah, Carlos Sainz and American Robby Gordon.
Here’s a link to TV times, and this link will be updated throughout the course of the Rally.
- IndyCar: Will high grip and high tempers equal high drama at Barber? 0
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)