Jan 4, 2014, 8:19 PM EDT
So the first half of NBC’s coverage of Saturday’s NFL Wild Card doubleheader is in the books; the Indianapolis Colts have just completed a comeback from down 28 points (38-10 early in the third quarter) to topple the Kansas City Chiefs, 45-44. More over at ProFootballTalk.
So what impact does this game have on the racing world, you ask? Several stars from NASCAR or IndyCar were either at the game or tweeting about it. And the reactions are priceless.
First up we’ve got one from from Conor Daly, whose 2013 season included his Indianapolis 500 debut, a full FIA GP3 season and various races in GP2, Indy Lights and the MRF challenge. Daly was at the game and left at or around the 38-10 mark.
So the Colts game isn’t going well… At all. Time to hit the @Pacers game lets hope that goes differently
— Conor Daly (@ConorDaly22) January 4, 2014
Then the comeback began, and Daly had this to offer…
My strategy was to leave colts game so they would start doing well, we all know Im bad luck. Haha sorry #gocolts !!!
— Conor Daly (@ConorDaly22) January 5, 2014
Meanwhile, this was the Kansas City Chiefs fan perspective from Clint Bowyer. First, as the injuries piled up:
If this keeps on, I’m gonna be the NEXT Chief down. 🍻
— Clint Bowyer (@ClintBowyer) January 5, 2014
Then after the Chiefs lost the game…
That’s like losing a race from 4 laps ahead. 🙈 — Clint Bowyer (@ClintBowyer) January 5, 2014
Some happier Colts victory tweets in Indy are below.
What a game, great job both teams!!
— Helio Castroneves (@h3lio) January 5, 2014
Instant Classic! Luck of the Horseshoe! #andrewthegiant
— Ed Carpenter (@edcarpenter20) January 5, 2014
Brilliant effort from the @Colts today. Let’s see what they can do for the rest of the playoffs!
— Josef Newgarden (@josefnewgarden) January 5, 2014
Luck is the true definition of a Leader! Always accepts responsibility for his mistakes, & deflects praise directed at him to his teammates!
— Stefan Wilson (@stef_wilson) January 5, 2014
- Talladega Nights-inspired restaurant sued by Sony Pictures 0
- It’s happy hour at Team Penske after Vegas sweep (VIDEO) 1
- Australian GP wide open, both from past stats and preseason tests 0
- For Josef Newgarden, year three is chance to enter IndyCar’s elite 1
- Kanaan set for more than just Indy 500 success with Ganassi switch in 2014 2
- Kurt Busch gives IndyCar chance to show they’ve learned lesson on promotion (10)
- F1 on NBC Sports TV, streaming schedule for 2014 Australian Grand Prix (7)
- Chrysler orders nearly 100 pristine Dodge Vipers destroyed (7)
- NNS: Elliott’s car found too low, shock taken from Keselowski’s car (6)
- Busch news kicks off what may be a busy Tuesday for IndyCar (5)