Jan 4, 2014, 12:22 PM EST
There have been more driver confirmations on a much warmer Saturday in Daytona for the Roar Before the Rolex 24. Here’s Friday’s morning news and notes, then end-of-day wrap. Meanwhile, here’s the latest round of updates:
- Mazda has confirmed the same four full season drivers as were in its GX class Mazda6s last year. Sylvain Tremblay and Tom Long (No. 70) and youngsters Tristan Nunez and Joel Miller (No. 07) will be in the manufacturer’s two SKYACTIV-D P2 prototypes this year. The SpeedSource-run team is yet to confirm additional drivers for the endurance races.
- Michael Shank Racing, unsurprisingly, has confirmed AJ Allmendinger and Justin Wilson alongside its usual pairing of Ozz Negri and John Pew in the team’s No. 60 Ford EcoBoost Riley Daytona Prototype for the Rolex 24. ‘Dinger and Wilson, former Champ Car teammates at RuSPORT, have driven together at Shank four times previously (2006, 2011-‘13), and the quartet won overall in 2012. Additionally, the team has confirmed commercial partnerships with Roberts Service Group and CRC Industries.
- The above prototype signings mean that only four teams: Marsh Racing (No. 31 Corvette DP), OAK Racing (No. 42 Morgan Nissan P2), Highway to Help (No. 50 Riley DP) and SpeedSource (Nos. 07/70 Mazda SKYACTIV-D P2s) are yet to announce their full, finalized lineups. The DeltaWing team may add a fourth driver as well.
- Dempsey Racing confirmed Porsche factory pilot Marc Lieb as its fourth and final driver for the Rolex 24, in the team’s No. 27 Porsche 911 GT America in the GT Daytona class.
Updates will follow with any further news or notes.
Mar 6, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
After its remarkable comeback, the team is yet to confirm who its second driver will be in Australia.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:44 PM EST
“The Giz” heads to V8SC’s biggest team in a three-year deal as the team’s third car.
Mar 5, 2015, 6:13 PM EST
“RHR 2.0″ enters world on March 5, 2015.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:23 PM EST
“SK$” turns 20. Sage Karam will make his second IndyCar start at season-opening race in St. Petersburg.
Mar 5, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
JEV wants to clinch Andretti a home win when Formula E hits U.S. shores in Miami later this month.
Mar 5, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
All of the latest news from some of F1’s most prominent junior championships.
Mar 5, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Filipino-Swiss driver moves from Formula Renault 3.5 for 2015.
Mar 5, 2015, 2:00 PM EST
British driver sends out an ominous statement of intent ahead of the first race of the year in Australia on March 15.
Mar 5, 2015, 1:00 PM EST
Can Massa and Bottas pick up where they left off at the end of 2014?
Mar 5, 2015, 12:07 PM EST
Team now all set to race in Australia on March 15 after passing the FIA crash tests.
Mar 5, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Add another American to the Formula E roster for 2015 as Speed replaces Marco Andretti for the first of two home races.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:30 AM EST
Dutch driver reportedly seeking an urgent court order that would get him on the grid for the upcoming Australian Grand Prix.
Mar 5, 2015, 10:00 AM EST
Big night of F1 programming upcoming tonight on NBCSN.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:30 AM EST
With neither Hockenheim nor the Nurburgring prepared to host the race in 2015, the outlook is bleak for a German Grand Prix.
Mar 5, 2015, 9:00 AM EST
New sponsor, new number (again) for Hinchcliffe’s 2015 IndyCar campaign.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:14 PM EST
Honda hints at more about its aero kits, while tossing out two dates of note.
Mar 4, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Look through the Pirelli World Challenge field continues with a look at GTS.
Mar 4, 2015, 3:00 PM EST
Daniel Ricciardo and Daniil Kvyat look to lead the team in the post-Vettel era.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:40 PM EST
Justin Wilson returns to Michael Shank Racing for Sebring one-off.
Mar 4, 2015, 12:09 PM EST
Manor Marussia F1 to make trip to Melbourne after all.
- Manor passes final crash tests ahead of Australian GP 1
- WATCH: Mercedes F1: Road to Repeat at 8 p.m. ET highlights F1 block on NBCSN 0
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1