Jan 4, 2014, 12:22 PM EDT
There have been more driver confirmations on a much warmer Saturday in Daytona for the Roar Before the Rolex 24. Here’s Friday’s morning news and notes, then end-of-day wrap. Meanwhile, here’s the latest round of updates:
- Mazda has confirmed the same four full season drivers as were in its GX class Mazda6s last year. Sylvain Tremblay and Tom Long (No. 70) and youngsters Tristan Nunez and Joel Miller (No. 07) will be in the manufacturer’s two SKYACTIV-D P2 prototypes this year. The SpeedSource-run team is yet to confirm additional drivers for the endurance races.
- Michael Shank Racing, unsurprisingly, has confirmed AJ Allmendinger and Justin Wilson alongside its usual pairing of Ozz Negri and John Pew in the team’s No. 60 Ford EcoBoost Riley Daytona Prototype for the Rolex 24. ‘Dinger and Wilson, former Champ Car teammates at RuSPORT, have driven together at Shank four times previously (2006, 2011-‘13), and the quartet won overall in 2012. Additionally, the team has confirmed commercial partnerships with Roberts Service Group and CRC Industries.
- The above prototype signings mean that only four teams: Marsh Racing (No. 31 Corvette DP), OAK Racing (No. 42 Morgan Nissan P2), Highway to Help (No. 50 Riley DP) and SpeedSource (Nos. 07/70 Mazda SKYACTIV-D P2s) are yet to announce their full, finalized lineups. The DeltaWing team may add a fourth driver as well.
- Dempsey Racing confirmed Porsche factory pilot Marc Lieb as its fourth and final driver for the Rolex 24, in the team’s No. 27 Porsche 911 GT America in the GT Daytona class.
Updates will follow with any further news or notes.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Despite running fifth in the standings with three races to go, Power hasn’t given up on retaining the no. 1 for 2016.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
The 2016 F1 season is set to swell to a record 21 races.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
Ericsson reflects on his first half-season with Sauber that has brought his first points in F1, but also presented some missed opportunities.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:22 PM EDT
Derrick Walker to resign from INDYCAR at year’s end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
With seven races at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course this weekend, it’s an important one for the entire Mazda Road to Indy.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:42 AM EDT
His recent record may suggest otherwise, but Castroneves believes he can gun for the race win this weekend.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:30 AM EDT
Both series will support the FIA World Endurance Championship at the Bahrain International Circuit in November.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:16 AM EDT
From Columbus, Ohio, No. 15, it’s the Ohio State University helmet of Graham Rahal…
Jul 30, 2015, 8:56 AM EDT
The third-to-last race of the IndyCar season is an important one for the championship battle.
Jul 29, 2015, 6:05 PM EDT
IndyCar penalizes Honda for five engines that did not “attain their life cycle.”
Jul 29, 2015, 5:10 PM EDT
Rahal is second in the points and takes his career best season to his home track of Mid-Ohio.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:37 PM EDT
Johnson will make his first start of 2015 this weekend at Mid-Ohio.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:10 PM EDT
Simon Pagenaud looking for first top-fin finish since Detroit race one.
Jul 29, 2015, 12:02 PM EDT
In eight IndyCar races at Mid-Ohio, Scott Dixon has a record five wins.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
There’s still a good seven to 10 high-quality drivers without a win in IndyCar, 2015, who could add to the list of winners.
Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR
Jul 28, 2015, 8:50 PM EDT
Even though it has been pretty much of a lost season for him in Australia’s V8 Supercars series, Marcos Ambrose believes he can still find some success before the racing year is over.
‘Race With Restraint’ proves grassroots racers want, will use more safety equipment at affordable rate
Jul 28, 2015, 6:56 PM EDT
The first attempt at bringing top-of-the-line safety equipment to the grassroots racing masses was an unqualified success.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:32 PM EDT
Hector Arana Jr. hopes 2015 is about time to finally be his time.
Jul 28, 2015, 3:45 PM EDT
Fast facts heading into this weekend’s Honda Indy 200, courtesy of IndyCar PR staff.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:50 PM EDT
To paraphrase Mark Twain, rumors of the demise of NHRA’s Pro Stock class have been greatly exaggerated.
- INDYCAR announces Derrick Walker has resigned from series 8
- Preview: Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio critical in IndyCar title chase 1
- It’s “never-say-die” for Graham Rahal with three races left 1
- Paralyzed driver Michael Johnson returning to track in Pro Mazda 0
- Simon Pagenaud ‘agonizingly close’ to wins at Mid-Ohio, not to success in 2015 0
- With three races left, who could still win in IndyCar, season 2015? 1
- Marcos Ambrose looks to salvage lost season in V8 Supercars, has had no issues ‘moving on’ from NASCAR 6