Jan 6, 2014, 5:37 PM EDT
All daily stage recaps of this year’s Dakar Rally will be streamed on NBC Sports Live Extra in addition to being broadcast on NBCSN.
Today’s coverage of Stage 1 was handled by NBC Formula One essayist Sam Posey, but all other recaps will feature commentary from NBC F1/IndyCar voice Leigh Diffey.
“Many racing events claim to be the ultimate test of man and machine, but they simply do not compare to the Dakar Rally,” Diffey said in an NBC Sports Group release. “Make no mistake – racing for 24 continuous hours is tough, but competing for two weeks is an all-together different deal.
“The grueling and at times life-threatening nature of this event is awe-inspiring. The spectacular scenery sometimes softens the immense bravery and sheer gritty determination of the competitors. Dakar is an event like no other.”
For desktops, Live Extra streaming can be accessed at NBCSports.com/LiveExtra. Additionally, the NBC Sports Live Extra app is available at the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPad Touch, and at Google Play for select Android and tablet devices.
Here’s the remainder of NBCSN’s coverage of the 2014 Dakar:
|Tue., January 7||Stage 2 – San Luis to San Rafael||5 p.m.|
|Wed., January 8||Stage 3 – San Rafael to San Juan||5 p.m.|
|Thu., January 9||Stage 4 – San Juan to Chilecito||5 p.m.|
|Fri., January 10||Stage 5 – Chilecito to Tucuman||5 p.m.|
|Sat., January 11||Stage 6 – Tucuman to Salta||5:30 p.m.|
|Sun., January 12||Rest Day Coverage||10 p.m.|
|Mon., January 13||Stage 7 – Salta to Salta/Uyuni||6:30 p.m.|
|Tue., January 14||Stage 8 – Salta/Uyuni to Calama||5 p.m.|
|Wed., January 15||Stage 9 – Calama to Iquique||5 p.m.|
|Thu., January 16||Stage 10 – Iquique to Antofagasta||5 p.m.|
|Fri., January 17||Stage 11 – Antofagasta to El Salvador||5 p.m.|
|Mon., January 20||Stage 12 – El Salvador to La Serena||2 a.m.|
|Tue., January 20||Stage 13 – La Serena to Valparaiso||2:30 a.m.|
- NHRA drag racing superstar John Force goes on vacation — at a dragstrip, of course 0
- Swan Racing restructures, splits up two-car Sprint Cup operation 0
- It’s official: Redskins QB RG III to drive pace car at Richmond for Saturday’s Sprint Cup race 2
- Raikkonen: Yes, he’s still motivated, otherwise he wouldn’t be here 7
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 5
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (12)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)