Jan 6, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
A French prosecutor has informed Agence France-Presse that local authorities will hold a press conference concerning their investigation into Michael Schumacher’s skiing accident.
That prosecutor, Patrick Quincy, has said that the conference will take place Wednesday morning at 10 a.m. GMT (5 a.m. ET in the United States) in Albertville, France, an hour north of Grenoble, where Schumacher remains in a medically induced coma and in stable but critical condition at the city’s University Hospital Center.
Quincy recently told the Associated Press that French investigators were seeking to obtain a copy of an alleged smartphone video of the Schumacher accident that has been cited by a German publication, Der Spiegel.
Schumacher’s press officer, Sabine Kehm, has already confirmed that a helmet camera worn by the Formula One legend during the accident was “voluntarily” handed over to authorities to help in their efforts.
Per AFP, prosecutors are looking at multiple factors in their investigation that looks to determine responsibility for the accident.
They include: Schumacher’s speed at the time he fell and hit his head on a rock in an off-piste section of the Meribel ski resort, whether the boundaries of the ski runs next to the accident site were properly marked, whether the rock was close enough to the piste to warrant some sort of protection or warning signage, and whether the safety releases on Schumacher’s skis operated properly.
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 0
- NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win 1
- Ken Block seizes opportunity, wins Red Bull GRC at MCAS New River 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: British Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 0
- Emotional Hamilton tears up on last lap of British GP, thanks fans for support en route to win 1
- Hamilton weathers the storm to claim third British GP victory at Silverstone 2