Jan 6, 2014, 1:44 PM EST
Still, the 20-year-old Wallace – who made history this past season by becoming the first African-American driver to win a NASCAR national series race since 1963 – finds himself in some good company on the list.
Among others, the “30 Under 30″ sports list also features basketball star Lebron James, U.S. Olympic mainstays Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn, and baseball phenoms Mike Trout and Bryce Harper.
According to Forbes, the list was selected by a three-judge panel – former NFL executive Joseph Bailey, Golden State Warriors co-owner Peter Guber, and sports business consultant Shawn McBride.
In the magazine’s words, the candidates selected fall into two categories: “professional athletes who boast strong personal brands or carry major importance to their sports, and young executives or entrepreneurs making a mark in the industry.”
Video from NASCAR America
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 8
- The Final Showdown: Hamilton and Rosberg prepare for one final battle in Abu Dhabi 0
- Vettel and Ricciardo to start Abu Dhabi GP from pit lane 0
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Red Bull drivers excluded from qualifying in Abu Dhabi 2