Jan 6, 2014, 1:44 PM EDT
Still, the 20-year-old Wallace – who made history this past season by becoming the first African-American driver to win a NASCAR national series race since 1963 – finds himself in some good company on the list.
Among others, the “30 Under 30″ sports list also features basketball star Lebron James, U.S. Olympic mainstays Shaun White and Lindsey Vonn, and baseball phenoms Mike Trout and Bryce Harper.
According to Forbes, the list was selected by a three-judge panel – former NFL executive Joseph Bailey, Golden State Warriors co-owner Peter Guber, and sports business consultant Shawn McBride.
In the magazine’s words, the candidates selected fall into two categories: “professional athletes who boast strong personal brands or carry major importance to their sports, and young executives or entrepreneurs making a mark in the industry.”
- Hamilton may have won again, but it was Raikkonen and Rosberg who stood out in Bahrain 5
- Scott Dixon breaks through for elusive Long Beach win 2
- Hamilton pleased to fend off Ferrari in Bahrain despite last lap brake scare 1
- Hamilton puts on a show under the lights to win Bahrain GP 6
- Off The Grid: Melbourne premieres 1:30pm ET on NBCSN (VIDEO) 0
- Castroneves secures pole in IndyCar qualifying at Long Beach 1
- Hamilton eases to fourth straight pole position in Bahrain 0