Jan 6, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
As has been the case for the last four or five days, there isn’t any new news regarding Michael Schumacher’s health. The seven-time Formula One World Champion remains in a medically induced coma, with the situation still considered critical.
A statement from University Center Hospital in Grenoble, France on Monday provided an update, which more or less continued the reiteration that there won’t be updates unless there is new news. On Saturday, Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm warned against any false or invalid reports.
“The clinical state of Michael Schumacher is stable as he’s under permanent care and treatment,” Grenoble hospital said in the statement. “However, the medical team in charge stresses that it continues to assess his situation as critical.”
“The privacy of the statement demands that we are not going into details of his treatment, and this is why we do not plan any press conferences, nor give out written press releases, anymore for the time being,” the statement added.
“We again insistently ask you to…stick to the information given by the medical team in charge of the patient or his management, as this is the only valid information.”
The next potential piece of news that could emerge is the status of an alleged mobile-phone video taken of the skiing accident itself. Per the Associated Press, a French state prosecutor said he wants to obtain that if possible. A further update on that front could occur mid-week.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3