Jan 6, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
As has been the case for the last four or five days, there isn’t any new news regarding Michael Schumacher’s health. The seven-time Formula One World Champion remains in a medically induced coma, with the situation still considered critical.
A statement from University Center Hospital in Grenoble, France on Monday provided an update, which more or less continued the reiteration that there won’t be updates unless there is new news. On Saturday, Schumacher’s manager Sabine Kehm warned against any false or invalid reports.
“The clinical state of Michael Schumacher is stable as he’s under permanent care and treatment,” Grenoble hospital said in the statement. “However, the medical team in charge stresses that it continues to assess his situation as critical.”
“The privacy of the statement demands that we are not going into details of his treatment, and this is why we do not plan any press conferences, nor give out written press releases, anymore for the time being,” the statement added.
“We again insistently ask you to…stick to the information given by the medical team in charge of the patient or his management, as this is the only valid information.”
The next potential piece of news that could emerge is the status of an alleged mobile-phone video taken of the skiing accident itself. Per the Associated Press, a French state prosecutor said he wants to obtain that if possible. A further update on that front could occur mid-week.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0