Jan 7, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Some of the stories since Michael Schumacher’s skiing accident and subsequent hospitalization have dealt with the media itself. One journalist allegedly dressed as a priest in an attempt to gain further access, and both Schumacher’s manager and the University Center Hospital itself have stressed that any outside reports are invalid.
Now, Schumacher’s wife, Corinna, has joined the chorus of those asking for privacy and for the media to leave the hospital.
“Please support our shared fight with Michael. It is important to me that you take the pressure off the doctors and the hospital so they can do their work,” she said in a statement released on Tuesday. “Please have faith in their statements and leave the hospital. Please also leave our family in peace.”
While there is an insatiable appetite for frequent updates – perhaps spurred on by all those who hope that Schumacher’s condition improves from the critical condition it is now, still in a medically induced coma – the process needs to play itself out. In all likelihood, if there were further updates so soon it wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing.
It’s best in this case to let the process play out and continue to rely only on the official updates from the hospital or Schumacher’s management team.
- Cooler heads prevail as IndyCar drivers test at Texas (VIDEO) 0
- Jeff Gordon has bad news for his rivals: He’s thinking of racing for 10 more years 2
- NASCAR’s birthplace, the Streamline Hotel in Daytona Beach, to get significant makeover 0
- IndyCar remix: Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach (VIDEO) 0
- Ten with Townsend: Long Beach Debrief 2
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson do it old school style in a pair of classic pickup trucks (VIDEOS) (5)