Jan 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson used the Twitter hashtag #6Pack during 2013 on his way to his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
As he seeks a record-tying seventh crown in 2014, he’s got the hashtag ready to go for this year’s campaign.
Here was his tweet yesterday that pretty much confirmed it.
— Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) January 6, 2014
Johnson’s offseason included some antics in Las Vegas, which he posted to his Instagram page, prior to his championship acceptance speech. He also took one last rebuttal at Donovan McNabb’s “athlete” dig, when he finished third in balloting for the AP Athlete of the Year.
Better he goes with #SE7EN as a hashtag than a baby name, for those Seinfeld anoraks out there who remember this gem. I guess we can consider Johnson’s new daughter Lydia, born in September, lucky.
Video from NASCAR America
- Jeff Gordon would love to return to Saturday Night Live — and he wants to bring Ricky Funck with him (video) 0
- 2-for-1: Jamie McMurray wins Martinsville pole, sets track record 0
- Caterham given dispensation to miss Austin and Brazil 2
- Caterham the latest team to fall foul of the Leafield ‘curse’ 1
- Administrator takes over running of Caterham F1 Team 1
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 3
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 14