Jan 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson used the Twitter hashtag #6Pack during 2013 on his way to his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
As he seeks a record-tying seventh crown in 2014, he’s got the hashtag ready to go for this year’s campaign.
Here was his tweet yesterday that pretty much confirmed it.
— Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) January 6, 2014
Johnson’s offseason included some antics in Las Vegas, which he posted to his Instagram page, prior to his championship acceptance speech. He also took one last rebuttal at Donovan McNabb’s “athlete” dig, when he finished third in balloting for the AP Athlete of the Year.
Better he goes with #SE7EN as a hashtag than a baby name, for those Seinfeld anoraks out there who remember this gem. I guess we can consider Johnson’s new daughter Lydia, born in September, lucky.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA talks with Atlanta winner Kahne at 5 p.m. ET 0
- Gene Haas’ F1 team changes team name, launches new pages 3
- Cindric proposes IndyCar champion Will Power will run No. 1 in 2015 2
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 1
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 3
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 5
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1