Jan 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson used the Twitter hashtag #6Pack during 2013 on his way to his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
As he seeks a record-tying seventh crown in 2014, he’s got the hashtag ready to go for this year’s campaign.
Here was his tweet yesterday that pretty much confirmed it.
— Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) January 6, 2014
Johnson’s offseason included some antics in Las Vegas, which he posted to his Instagram page, prior to his championship acceptance speech. He also took one last rebuttal at Donovan McNabb’s “athlete” dig, when he finished third in balloting for the AP Athlete of the Year.
Better he goes with #SE7EN as a hashtag than a baby name, for those Seinfeld anoraks out there who remember this gem. I guess we can consider Johnson’s new daughter Lydia, born in September, lucky.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1