Jan 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson used the Twitter hashtag #6Pack during 2013 on his way to his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
As he seeks a record-tying seventh crown in 2014, he’s got the hashtag ready to go for this year’s campaign.
Here was his tweet yesterday that pretty much confirmed it.
— Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) January 6, 2014
Johnson’s offseason included some antics in Las Vegas, which he posted to his Instagram page, prior to his championship acceptance speech. He also took one last rebuttal at Donovan McNabb’s “athlete” dig, when he finished third in balloting for the AP Athlete of the Year.
Better he goes with #SE7EN as a hashtag than a baby name, for those Seinfeld anoraks out there who remember this gem. I guess we can consider Johnson’s new daughter Lydia, born in September, lucky.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 2
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 5
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0