Jan 7, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Jimmie Johnson used the Twitter hashtag #6Pack during 2013 on his way to his sixth NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.
As he seeks a record-tying seventh crown in 2014, he’s got the hashtag ready to go for this year’s campaign.
Here was his tweet yesterday that pretty much confirmed it.
— Jimmie Johnson (@JimmieJohnson) January 6, 2014
Johnson’s offseason included some antics in Las Vegas, which he posted to his Instagram page, prior to his championship acceptance speech. He also took one last rebuttal at Donovan McNabb’s “athlete” dig, when he finished third in balloting for the AP Athlete of the Year.
Better he goes with #SE7EN as a hashtag than a baby name, for those Seinfeld anoraks out there who remember this gem. I guess we can consider Johnson’s new daughter Lydia, born in September, lucky.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 0
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 2
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10