Jan 7, 2014, 10:29 AM EDT
McLaren didn’t win any races, or even score any podiums, in what was a frustrating 2013 campaign. But, the legendary British team may be the first to launch their 2014 challenger. Mercedes has also announced for Jan. 28.
From the team this morning: “We will reveal our 2014 Formula 1 car, the MP4-29, during an online-only digital launch at 12:00pm midday UK time on Friday January 24.”
Whether that will be the first launch of a 2014 chassis is still yet to be determined. But there’s a few things we need to look out for with this launch:
- The presence of its new title sponsor, with Vodafone out. The 2014 season could be a “stop-gap” season on the primary sponsor role if the Honda power unit presence in 2015 means it has any say on the livery. Alternatively, a new title sponsor for 2014 could carry the brand forward for a long time to come. The 2006 season saw a “stop-gap” livery in-between the departure of West after 2005, per tightened tobacco regulations, and Vodafone’s introduction ahead of 2007.
- Kevin Magnussen’s presence. The rookie will be introduced in full McLaren guise, beyond just interviews as one of its junior drivers, on this occasion.
- The car itself. Renderings have made the 2014 cars look awkward at certain spots, so seeing what a 2014 chassis looks like in the flesh will produce its own round of reactions.
Aug 28, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
NASCAR AMERICA has more on the situation surrounding one of the Nationwide and Truck Series’ more prominent outfits.
Aug 28, 2014, 6:17 PM EDT
USA Today’s Nate Ryan calls in to NASCAR AMERICA to talk about the impact of the three-time Sprint Cup champion’s return this weekend at Atlanta.
Aug 28, 2014, 4:38 PM EDT
After missing the last three NASCAR Sprint Cup races following the tragic accident that claimed the life of 20-year-old sprint car driver Kevin Ward Jr. at an upstate dirt track, NASCAR star Tony Stewart will return to racing this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 PM EDT
They don’t call it Hotlanta for nothing. As we get closer to Sunday’s Sprint Cup night race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, things are definitely heating up.
Aug 28, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
“The Captain” and his crew have not celebrated an IndyCar Series title since Sam Hornish Jr. won it all in 2006.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:45 PM EDT
NBCSN coverage of the Verizon IndyCar Series’ title tilt at Auto Club Speedway begins Friday at 7 p.m. ET with qualifying, followed by the MAV TV 500 on Saturday at 9 p.m. ET.
Aug 28, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
The three-time Indianapolis 500 winner gets another chance to finally capture an IndyCar Series crown this Saturday night at Auto Club Speedway (9 p.m. ET, NBCSN and NBC Sports Live Extra).
Aug 28, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Justin Wilson back at the track where he got injured a year ago, seeking to end 2014 on a high note.
Aug 28, 2014, 12:49 PM EDT
Could Tony Stewart’s three-week absence from NASCAR Sprint Cup racing in light of the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy be coming to an end?
Aug 28, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes will wait to extend their deal until after the season ends.
Aug 28, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
IndyCar banks a night of testing before this weekend’s MAVTV 500.
Aug 27, 2014, 11:03 PM EDT
It’s pretty simple and straight-forward what Jamie McMurray must do in the next two races if he has any hope of making this year’s expanded 16-driver field for the Chase for the Sprint Cup.
Aug 27, 2014, 6:19 PM EDT
On Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America, Jeff Burton spoke with Rick Allen and Frank Stoddard about the spectacle of racing at Bristol and just how difficult Joey Logano’s victory at the half-mile oval was.
Aug 27, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
NASCAR driver jeff Burton says there has been no word yet from Tony Stewart on whether the latter will return to the No. 14 Stewart-Haas Racing Chevrolet this weekend at Atlanta after missing the last three races due to the Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy, but it could be a last-minute decision.
Aug 27, 2014, 5:00 PM EDT
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series’ Turner Scott Motorsports team was reportedly set to close; however, that appears to have changed.
WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 pm ET — Burton on replacing Stewart, Logano’s Bristol win, Atlanta look ahead
Aug 27, 2014, 4:11 PM EDT
Wednesday’s edition of NASCAR America will be chock full of looking back at Saturday’s race at Bristol, as well as starting our lookahead over the next three days for this Sunday’s night race at Atlanta.
Aug 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
IndyCar will formally confirm the addition of New Orleans to its 2015 schedule later Wednesday.
Aug 27, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
NASCAR Trucks race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park this weekend. Will they be able to match up with the 2013 edition?
Aug 27, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Skeleton Bronze medalist Matt Antoine goes for two-seater ride with Arie Luyendyk in Milwaukee.
Video from NASCAR America
- BREAKING NEWS: Tony Stewart to return to race at Atlanta this weekend 15
- Team Penske on verge of ending 8-year IndyCar title drought 0
- IndyCar title quest continues for Helio Castroneves 0
- Could Tony Stewart return to race this weekend at Atlanta? 13
- Report: McLaren trying for Vettel or Alonso 8
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 91