Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Mercedes has confirmed that their new W05 chassis will be unveiled for the first time during the opening day of Formula One pre-season testing, Jan. 28, at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
With the debut of V-6 turbo engines this coming season, a good number of F1 observers have their eyes on the “Silver Arrows” to see if they’ll come out strong amidst the new technical regulations.
Last year, Mercedes rolled out its W04 and then-new signing, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, at Jerez but on the day before testing was to begin at the Spanish circuit.
Hamilton has been confident that his Mercedes team can rise up and challenge reigning champs Red Bull while dealing with the new rules. We’ll soon see if the team has delivered a title contender to him and teammate Nico Rosberg with the W05.
Jerez testing is set to take place Jan. 28-31.
Video from NASCAR America
- Remembering the Hendrick Motorsports airplane tragedy: 10 years later, it still seems like just yesterday 1
- Talladega mystery: Did missing woman even make it to NASCAR race? Second fan to disappear in 18 months 5
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 5 p.m. ET for Martinsville outlook 0
- Caterham could miss Austin as crisis deepens at Leafield 2
- NHRA stunner: Jimmy Prock out as John Force’s crew chief 10
- Kurt Busch and Danica Patrick will swap crews at Stewart-Haas (UPDATED) 14
- Statement from Caterham provides unclear future for team’s plans (UPDATED) 3