Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Mercedes has confirmed that their new W05 chassis will be unveiled for the first time during the opening day of Formula One pre-season testing, Jan. 28, at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
With the debut of V-6 turbo engines this coming season, a good number of F1 observers have their eyes on the “Silver Arrows” to see if they’ll come out strong amidst the new technical regulations.
Last year, Mercedes rolled out its W04 and then-new signing, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, at Jerez but on the day before testing was to begin at the Spanish circuit.
Hamilton has been confident that his Mercedes team can rise up and challenge reigning champs Red Bull while dealing with the new rules. We’ll soon see if the team has delivered a title contender to him and teammate Nico Rosberg with the W05.
Jerez testing is set to take place Jan. 28-31.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2