Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Mercedes has confirmed that their new W05 chassis will be unveiled for the first time during the opening day of Formula One pre-season testing, Jan. 28, at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
With the debut of V-6 turbo engines this coming season, a good number of F1 observers have their eyes on the “Silver Arrows” to see if they’ll come out strong amidst the new technical regulations.
Last year, Mercedes rolled out its W04 and then-new signing, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, at Jerez but on the day before testing was to begin at the Spanish circuit.
Hamilton has been confident that his Mercedes team can rise up and challenge reigning champs Red Bull while dealing with the new rules. We’ll soon see if the team has delivered a title contender to him and teammate Nico Rosberg with the W05.
Jerez testing is set to take place Jan. 28-31.
Video from NASCAR America
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 1
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 2
- NASCAR considers unveiling 2016 rules at Sprint All-Star Race in May 2
- Kyle Busch says Toyota teams are “idiots” by not working close together 18
- Brian France: State of NASCAR is in a good place and getting better 3
- NASCAR Hall of Famer Dale Jarrett to join NASCAR coverage on NBC, NBCSN 4
- F1: Lotus releases images of its new Mercedes-powered E23 4