Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Mercedes has confirmed that their new W05 chassis will be unveiled for the first time during the opening day of Formula One pre-season testing, Jan. 28, at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
With the debut of V-6 turbo engines this coming season, a good number of F1 observers have their eyes on the “Silver Arrows” to see if they’ll come out strong amidst the new technical regulations.
Last year, Mercedes rolled out its W04 and then-new signing, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, at Jerez but on the day before testing was to begin at the Spanish circuit.
Hamilton has been confident that his Mercedes team can rise up and challenge reigning champs Red Bull while dealing with the new rules. We’ll soon see if the team has delivered a title contender to him and teammate Nico Rosberg with the W05.
Jerez testing is set to take place Jan. 28-31.
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 0
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 2
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0
- Teaser clip: F1 on NBC’s “Off the Grid” hits Mexico (VIDEO) 1