Jan 7, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
Mercedes has confirmed that their new W05 chassis will be unveiled for the first time during the opening day of Formula One pre-season testing, Jan. 28, at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain.
With the debut of V-6 turbo engines this coming season, a good number of F1 observers have their eyes on the “Silver Arrows” to see if they’ll come out strong amidst the new technical regulations.
Last year, Mercedes rolled out its W04 and then-new signing, former World Champion Lewis Hamilton, at Jerez but on the day before testing was to begin at the Spanish circuit.
Hamilton has been confident that his Mercedes team can rise up and challenge reigning champs Red Bull while dealing with the new rules. We’ll soon see if the team has delivered a title contender to him and teammate Nico Rosberg with the W05.
Jerez testing is set to take place Jan. 28-31.
Video from NASCAR America
- Insight: Planning Andretti’s Sports Marketing promotional efforts at Miami and NOLA 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 2
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 3
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 4
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10