Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Whitt will drive the No. 26 Toyota Camry, Kligerman the No. 30 Camry that was raced in 35 of 36 races this year. The exception came at the Daytona 500 when Michael Waltrip ran the No. 26, with a special paint scheme and number dedicated to the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
Additionally, the team confirmed Randy Cox (Whitt) and Steven Lane (Kligerman) as crew chiefs. Lane will also serve as the Brandon Davis-owned team’s competition director.
Both Whitt and Kligerman are part of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year class.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Graham Rahal, NHRA’s Courtney Force engaged 9
- Police seek cause of death of race fan found near Talladega 0
- MST exclusive: BK Racing co-owner Anthony Marlowe apologizes for Cole Whitt/David Ragan tweet controversy 0
- What we’re thankful for in the motorsports world, 2014 2
- Sam Hornish Jr. has much to be thankful for: new home, renewed Sprint Cup hopes with Richard Petty Motorsports 5
- NBCSN’s F1 coverage delivers best ever single-season numbers for a cable network 6
- Mercedes reserve Wehrlein leads final Abu Dhabi test day to end 2014 0