Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Whitt will drive the No. 26 Toyota Camry, Kligerman the No. 30 Camry that was raced in 35 of 36 races this year. The exception came at the Daytona 500 when Michael Waltrip ran the No. 26, with a special paint scheme and number dedicated to the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
Additionally, the team confirmed Randy Cox (Whitt) and Steven Lane (Kligerman) as crew chiefs. Lane will also serve as the Brandon Davis-owned team’s competition director.
Both Whitt and Kligerman are part of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year class.
Video from NASCAR America
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 0
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 0
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 0
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 1
- Still searching: Castroneves finishes 14th, falls short of IndyCar title (VIDEO) 1
- Will Power claims 2014 IndyCar title as Tony Kanaan ties season win record in Fontana 1
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. on Tony Stewart’s return to racing: ‘I’m sure that’s where he wants to be’ 0