Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Whitt will drive the No. 26 Toyota Camry, Kligerman the No. 30 Camry that was raced in 35 of 36 races this year. The exception came at the Daytona 500 when Michael Waltrip ran the No. 26, with a special paint scheme and number dedicated to the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
Additionally, the team confirmed Randy Cox (Whitt) and Steven Lane (Kligerman) as crew chiefs. Lane will also serve as the Brandon Davis-owned team’s competition director.
Both Whitt and Kligerman are part of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year class.
- Red Bull tweaks Mercedes over attempt to increase ‘Fuelgate’ punishment 2
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal 9
- Mercedes’ domination: Equivalent or different from Red Bull’s? 2
- Who is better off? 2013 vs 2014 F1 points comparison 0
- An anti-climactic race in China ahead of F1′s return to Europe 0
More from NASCAR America
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (20)
- Alonso’s doing it again – another year outperforming teammate, equipment (11)
- NASCAR still humming along after last fall’s Richmond scandal (9)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (8)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)