Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EST
Whitt will drive the No. 26 Toyota Camry, Kligerman the No. 30 Camry that was raced in 35 of 36 races this year. The exception came at the Daytona 500 when Michael Waltrip ran the No. 26, with a special paint scheme and number dedicated to the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
Additionally, the team confirmed Randy Cox (Whitt) and Steven Lane (Kligerman) as crew chiefs. Lane will also serve as the Brandon Davis-owned team’s competition director.
Both Whitt and Kligerman are part of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year class.
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1