Jan 7, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Whitt will drive the No. 26 Toyota Camry, Kligerman the No. 30 Camry that was raced in 35 of 36 races this year. The exception came at the Daytona 500 when Michael Waltrip ran the No. 26, with a special paint scheme and number dedicated to the 26 victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting.
Additionally, the team confirmed Randy Cox (Whitt) and Steven Lane (Kligerman) as crew chiefs. Lane will also serve as the Brandon Davis-owned team’s competition director.
Both Whitt and Kligerman are part of the 2014 NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie-of-the-year class.
Video from NASCAR America
- IndyCar’s Mikhail Aleshin released from Indianapolis hospital 0
- DA will submit evidence from Tony Stewart/Kevin Ward Jr. case to grand jury 12
- Renault’s Taffin: Fuel consumption could well be an issue in Singapore 1
- Jeff Gordon makes strong ‘Drive For Five’ start, also has high praise for Kyle Larson in Chase opener 2
- Keselowski surges between Harvick, Larson to win Chase opener at Chicagoland 0
- For 16 Sprint Cup drivers, the time is here: ready, set, Chase 0
- Kyle Busch starts Truck race ticked-off, only to end up in victory lane at Chicagoland 1