Jan 7, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
NASCAR has released the broadcast schedule and start times for all 36 races on this year’s Sprint Cup Series schedule.
The season unofficially kicks off with the non-points Sprint Unlimited on Sat., Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. ET. The next day, Sun., Feb. 16, qualifying for the Daytona 500 will begin at 1 p.m. ET. Then, on Thurs., Feb. 20, the Budweiser Duels at Daytona will take place in primetime starting at 7 p.m. ET. All of that leads to “The Great American Race” on Sun., Feb. 23 at 1 p.m. ET.
Two events have seen major start time changes. The spring race at Texas Motor Speedway, which has moved to a Sunday afternoon to accommodate the NCAA Men’s Final Four at nearby AT&T Stadium, is set to begin Sun., Apr. 6 at 3 p.m. ET. Also, the spring race at Kansas Speedway – now a Saturday night event – shall begin on May 10 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Also, the times for all other major events at Daytona Speedweeks this January and February have been announced as well:
- Rolex 24 At Daytona (TUDOR United SportsCar Championship) – Jan. 25-26, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Lucas Oil 200 (ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards) – Sat., Feb. 15, 4:15 p.m. ET
- UNOH Battle At The Beach (NASCAR K&N Pro Series East/NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour) – Tues., Feb. 18, K&N East at 7 p.m. ET, Modifieds at approx. 8:45 p.m. ET
- NextEra Energy Resources 250 (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series) – Fri., Feb. 21, 7:30 p.m. ET
- DRIVE4COPD 300 (NASCAR Nationwide Series) – Sat., Feb. 22, 1:15 p.m. ET
- ARCA: From welder to race car driver, Sarah Cornett-Ching continues her building prowess 0
- Taylor Swift to be featured on Tony Kanaan’s IndyCar in Detroit; will she make it to track? 6
- Surprises, struggles: NHRA at one-third mark of ’15 season 2
- FIA seeking new teams for Formula 1 in 2016 and 2017 6
- Gossage to Walker: “We need a more competitive race this year than last year” 2
- Volkswagen Andretti pair of Foust, Speed seek better fortunes, consistency 0
- Hinchcliffe released from hospital, expected to make full recovery (VIDEO) 5