Jan 7, 2014, 3:34 PM EST
NASCAR has released the broadcast schedule and start times for all 36 races on this year’s Sprint Cup Series schedule.
The season unofficially kicks off with the non-points Sprint Unlimited on Sat., Feb. 15 at 8 p.m. ET. The next day, Sun., Feb. 16, qualifying for the Daytona 500 will begin at 1 p.m. ET. Then, on Thurs., Feb. 20, the Budweiser Duels at Daytona will take place in primetime starting at 7 p.m. ET. All of that leads to “The Great American Race” on Sun., Feb. 23 at 1 p.m. ET.
Two events have seen major start time changes. The spring race at Texas Motor Speedway, which has moved to a Sunday afternoon to accommodate the NCAA Men’s Final Four at nearby AT&T Stadium, is set to begin Sun., Apr. 6 at 3 p.m. ET. Also, the spring race at Kansas Speedway – now a Saturday night event – shall begin on May 10 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Also, the times for all other major events at Daytona Speedweeks this January and February have been announced as well:
- Rolex 24 At Daytona (TUDOR United SportsCar Championship) – Jan. 25-26, 2:30 p.m. ET
- Lucas Oil 200 (ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards) – Sat., Feb. 15, 4:15 p.m. ET
- UNOH Battle At The Beach (NASCAR K&N Pro Series East/NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour) – Tues., Feb. 18, K&N East at 7 p.m. ET, Modifieds at approx. 8:45 p.m. ET
- NextEra Energy Resources 250 (NASCAR Camping World Truck Series) – Fri., Feb. 21, 7:30 p.m. ET
- DRIVE4COPD 300 (NASCAR Nationwide Series) – Sat., Feb. 22, 1:15 p.m. ET
Video from NASCAR America
- McLaren reveals Honda-powered MP4-30 for 2015 F1 season 0
- LeBron James’ agent involved in Darrell Wallace Jr.’s hunt for sponsorship 1
- Sponsorship woes leave Jeb Burton scrambling again for a NASCAR ride 3
- Sprint Cup champ Kevin Harvick: “I’m as comfortable as I’ve ever been” 0
- Danica Patrick enters final year of contract but wants to stay at Stewart-Haas 14
- Start times for 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races 9
- Bowyer on Gordon: “You’re never good with somebody when it got that ugly” 25