Jan 8, 2014, 2:39 PM EST
The Sprint Cup Series opens up this week’s Preseason Thunder at Daytona International Speedway with two days of testing on the 2.5-mile oval tomorrow and Friday.
Four Cup teams will not be taking part in the Thunder sessions. Most notably absent is 2013 Chase team Furniture Row Racing, which features Martin Truex Jr. as its new driver this upcoming season. Also not taking part are JTG Daugherty Racing, Front Row Motorsports, and Phil Parsons Racing.
Mark Martin will test the No. 14 Stewart Haas Racing Chevrolet for Tony Stewart, who is still recovering from the broken right leg he sustained last summer. Also subbing in is Jeff Burton, who will test Michael Waltrip Racing’s No. 56 Toyota in place of Brian Vickers. Vickers had his 2013 season cut short due to a blood clot in his right leg.
Here’s the full entry list for Thursday and Friday’s tests:
|NSCS DAYTONA TEST JANUARY 9-10, 2014|
|2||Penske||Brad Keselowski, Rusty Wallace|
|88||HMS||Dale Earnhardt, Jr|
|152 in 2013||B Keselowski||Brian Keselowski|
|47||JTG – not testing|
|78||Furniture Row – not testing|
|34, 35, 36, 38||Front Row – not testing|
|98||Phil Parsons – not testing|
Video from NASCAR America
- Michael Schumacher’s son, Mick Jr., has ‘secret’ F4 test 3
- Report: The Sprint Experience will not return in 2015 4
- Vergne joins Ferrari as a test driver 1
- IndyCar champ Will Power’s hidden talent — breakdancing 0
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 1
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 1