Jan 8, 2014, 2:39 PM EDT
The Sprint Cup Series opens up this week’s Preseason Thunder at Daytona International Speedway with two days of testing on the 2.5-mile oval tomorrow and Friday.
Four Cup teams will not be taking part in the Thunder sessions. Most notably absent is 2013 Chase team Furniture Row Racing, which features Martin Truex Jr. as its new driver this upcoming season. Also not taking part are JTG Daugherty Racing, Front Row Motorsports, and Phil Parsons Racing.
Mark Martin will test the No. 14 Stewart Haas Racing Chevrolet for Tony Stewart, who is still recovering from the broken right leg he sustained last summer. Also subbing in is Jeff Burton, who will test Michael Waltrip Racing’s No. 56 Toyota in place of Brian Vickers. Vickers had his 2013 season cut short due to a blood clot in his right leg.
Here’s the full entry list for Thursday and Friday’s tests:
|NSCS DAYTONA TEST JANUARY 9-10, 2014|
|2||Penske||Brad Keselowski, Rusty Wallace|
|88||HMS||Dale Earnhardt, Jr|
|152 in 2013||B Keselowski||Brian Keselowski|
|47||JTG – not testing|
|78||Furniture Row – not testing|
|34, 35, 36, 38||Front Row – not testing|
|98||Phil Parsons – not testing|
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR schedule reveals some potential 2015 IndyCar schedule hints; Texas IndyCar returns 2
- Kevin Harvick riled at Tony Stewart portrayal in Kevin Ward Jr. tragedy 76
- Like a good stew, 2015 Sprint Cup schedule and new Chase format need time to simmer for best taste 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: How did the 2015 schedule come together? (VIDEO) 0
- NASCAR announces 2015 Sprint Cup, Nationwide, and Truck Series schedules (VIDEO) 4
- FIA won’t punish Nico Rosberg after Belgian GP incident with Lewis Hamilton 11
- Will Power once again in position for IndyCar title – but this time feels different 1