Jan 8, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
“Pay drivers” in racing are not a new phenomenon, nor are they likely to go away anytime soon. In Formula One, IndyCar, NASCAR and sports car, there are drivers all throughout the sport who have made their way to the top solely on their financial backing, or alternatively just used some backing to get started and then have their talent take over from there.
Racing’s not cheap and while this video from former Charlotte Motor Speedway president Humpy Wheeler doesn’t offer too much in the way of fixing it, it’s still a fairly spot-on assessment of the state of play in most of racing at the moment.
Wheeler has also opined on other YouTube channel posts, such as his ideas for fixing IndyCar.
- Jeff Gordon high on confidence going into Brickyard 400 0
- Hamilton tops second practice in Hungary ahead of Rosberg 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian Grand Prix (VIDEO) 0
- Hungarian GP highlights 30+ hours of motorsports coverage across NBC, NBCSN and CNBC this weekend 0
- Hamilton quickest in first practice for Hungarian GP 0