Jan 9, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Just a few minutes ago, NASCAR made the call to cancel all track activity at Daytona International Speedway for the first day of Sprint Cup Preseason Thunder testing due to persistent rain.
A second day of Cup testing around the 2.5-mile oval is set to begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET. Reports from Daytona are saying that NASCAR wants to extend the test session beyond the original end point of 5 p.m. ET – they’re just not sure how far they want to go at this time. However, NASCAR has confirmed that Friday’s testing will indeed run through the lunch break.
For those in the area for the test, today’s Preseason Thunder tickets will be honored tomorrow according to DIS. Also, tonight’s Fan Fest at the track will go on as scheduled.
- James Hinchcliffe describes how inspired he was by Justin Wilson 1
- Watkins Glen, Baltimore stand out for Stefan Wilson’s favorite race memories of brother Justin 1
- Report: Derrick Walker reflects on IndyCar tenure and future 1
- Scott Dixon awarded $1 million for fourth championship at IndyCar banquet 1
- Hulkenberg extends contract with Force India for two more years 1
- Ten with Townsend: Sonoma and 2015 IndyCar debrief 2
- Dixon’s latest title a story of consistency, comeback, typical “Ice Man” cool 1