Jan 9, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Just a few minutes ago, NASCAR made the call to cancel all track activity at Daytona International Speedway for the first day of Sprint Cup Preseason Thunder testing due to persistent rain.
A second day of Cup testing around the 2.5-mile oval is set to begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET. Reports from Daytona are saying that NASCAR wants to extend the test session beyond the original end point of 5 p.m. ET – they’re just not sure how far they want to go at this time. However, NASCAR has confirmed that Friday’s testing will indeed run through the lunch break.
For those in the area for the test, today’s Preseason Thunder tickets will be honored tomorrow according to DIS. Also, tonight’s Fan Fest at the track will go on as scheduled.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)
- Former FIA prez Max Mosley rubbishes F1′s ongoing noise saga (6)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (6)