Jan 9, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Just a few minutes ago, NASCAR made the call to cancel all track activity at Daytona International Speedway for the first day of Sprint Cup Preseason Thunder testing due to persistent rain.
A second day of Cup testing around the 2.5-mile oval is set to begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET. Reports from Daytona are saying that NASCAR wants to extend the test session beyond the original end point of 5 p.m. ET – they’re just not sure how far they want to go at this time. However, NASCAR has confirmed that Friday’s testing will indeed run through the lunch break.
For those in the area for the test, today’s Preseason Thunder tickets will be honored tomorrow according to DIS. Also, tonight’s Fan Fest at the track will go on as scheduled.
- Experience trumps youth on IndyCar’s opening weekend with aero kits 0
- NHRA: Jack Beckman (54 races), Larry Morgan (120 races) snap lengthy winless streaks in 4-Wide Nationals 1
- Montoya’s evolution evident after statement victory in St. Pete 1
- Montoya ekes out win in St. Petersburg season opener 5
- Emotional Vettel revels in first victory for Ferrari 5
- Vettel claims shock win for Ferrari in Malaysia as Mercedes pays for strategy mistake 9
- NHRA: C. Force, Todd, McGaha and Arana Jr. qualify No. 1 for 4-Wide Nationals eliminations 0