Jan 9, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Just a few minutes ago, NASCAR made the call to cancel all track activity at Daytona International Speedway for the first day of Sprint Cup Preseason Thunder testing due to persistent rain.
A second day of Cup testing around the 2.5-mile oval is set to begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET. Reports from Daytona are saying that NASCAR wants to extend the test session beyond the original end point of 5 p.m. ET – they’re just not sure how far they want to go at this time. However, NASCAR has confirmed that Friday’s testing will indeed run through the lunch break.
For those in the area for the test, today’s Preseason Thunder tickets will be honored tomorrow according to DIS. Also, tonight’s Fan Fest at the track will go on as scheduled.
- NHRA: ‘Fast Jack’ Beckman earns 5th Funny Car win of 2015; Brown (TF), McGaha (PS), Krawiec (PSM) also win 0
- After dream-fulfilling day, Graham Rahal isn’t worried anymore 0
- Graham Rahal now trails Montoya by nine points in IndyCar standings 1
- Karam’s Mid-Ohio spin triggers frustration, skepticism from IndyCar paddock 1
- Rahal scores dream win on home soil in Honda 200 at Mid-Ohio 2
- Helio Castroneves leads halfway through the Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio 0
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Mid-Ohio (1:30 p.m. ET, CNBC and Live Extra) 0