Jan 9, 2014, 3:47 PM EDT
Just a few minutes ago, NASCAR made the call to cancel all track activity at Daytona International Speedway for the first day of Sprint Cup Preseason Thunder testing due to persistent rain.
A second day of Cup testing around the 2.5-mile oval is set to begin tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET. Reports from Daytona are saying that NASCAR wants to extend the test session beyond the original end point of 5 p.m. ET – they’re just not sure how far they want to go at this time. However, NASCAR has confirmed that Friday’s testing will indeed run through the lunch break.
For those in the area for the test, today’s Preseason Thunder tickets will be honored tomorrow according to DIS. Also, tonight’s Fan Fest at the track will go on as scheduled.
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Assessing Tony Stewart’s return at Atlanta (VIDEO) 0
- Feelin’ free: Frustrations end for Chase-bound Kahne, IndyCar champ Power 1
- Honda preps for first simulations, expresses confidence it can match Mercedes 4
- Kenseth clinches Chase berth; Bowyer falls out of Grid with one race to go 1
- Kasey Kahne rallies in last 2 laps to win at Atlanta, makes Chase 1
- Tony Stewart’s comeback hopes end with rough 41st-place finish at Atlanta 2
- Tony Stewart the obvious fan favorite during pre-race introductions at Atlanta 3