Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Chip Ganassi’s gone through with a name change for his Sprint Cup operation. And now, so has Roger Penske.
While teams and drivers wait out a light rain that has pushed back this morning’s start of Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway, multiple reporters including Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press are now saying that the “Team Penske” name – which has been in effect for The Captain’s IndyCar Series squad – has been bestowed upon his Cup side as well.
Penske’s Cup group had been known more recently as “Penske Racing” and, going farther back in time, “Penske Racing South.” Now, the Penske organization is choosing to go with one overall brand.
Video from NASCAR America
- Behind the scenes: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY (VIDEO) 0
- Krista Voda to become host for NASCAR on NBC coverage next year 2
- VIDEO: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show, talks about F1 in the U.S. 2
- Tune-In: Lewis Hamilton on TODAY Show (PHOTOS) 1
- Different agendas for Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr. at Homestead test 1
- NBC, NBCSN set for mega U.S. Grand Prix weekend of coverage from Austin 2
- Lewis Hamilton to join TODAY Show on Wednesday 0