Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
Chip Ganassi’s gone through with a name change for his Sprint Cup operation. And now, so has Roger Penske.
While teams and drivers wait out a light rain that has pushed back this morning’s start of Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway, multiple reporters including Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press are now saying that the “Team Penske” name – which has been in effect for The Captain’s IndyCar Series squad – has been bestowed upon his Cup side as well.
Penske’s Cup group had been known more recently as “Penske Racing” and, going farther back in time, “Penske Racing South.” Now, the Penske organization is choosing to go with one overall brand.
Video from NASCAR America
- Bottas leads as McLaren-Honda delayed on first day of Abu Dhabi test 2
- Steve Letarte reflects on Hendrick Motorsports career in “exit interview” (VIDEO) 3
- Weekend wrap: Lewis Hamilton back on top of the F1 mountain 4
- Maurizio Arrivabene replaces Marco Mattiacci as Ferrari team principal 4
- Abu Dhabi GP Paddock Notebook – Sunday 0
- Hamilton calls second title victory “the greatest day of my life” 3
- Hamilton clinches second F1 world title by winning Abu Dhabi GP 11