Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Chip Ganassi’s gone through with a name change for his Sprint Cup operation. And now, so has Roger Penske.
While teams and drivers wait out a light rain that has pushed back this morning’s start of Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway, multiple reporters including Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press are now saying that the “Team Penske” name – which has been in effect for The Captain’s IndyCar Series squad – has been bestowed upon his Cup side as well.
Penske’s Cup group had been known more recently as “Penske Racing” and, going farther back in time, “Penske Racing South.” Now, the Penske organization is choosing to go with one overall brand.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 1
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3