Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Chip Ganassi’s gone through with a name change for his Sprint Cup operation. And now, so has Roger Penske.
While teams and drivers wait out a light rain that has pushed back this morning’s start of Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway, multiple reporters including Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press are now saying that the “Team Penske” name – which has been in effect for The Captain’s IndyCar Series squad – has been bestowed upon his Cup side as well.
Penske’s Cup group had been known more recently as “Penske Racing” and, going farther back in time, “Penske Racing South.” Now, the Penske organization is choosing to go with one overall brand.
Video from NASCAR America
- After 62 starts, Brad Keselowski finally earns first career Trucks win at Bristol 0
- F1, IndyCar, Red Bull GRC highlight jam-packed motorsports weekend on networks of NBC 0
- Alexander Rossi to make F1 debut in Belgium, replaces Chilton 5
- It’s official: Tony Stewart to miss Bristol race, Jeff Burton to once again drive No. 14 5
- When — or will — Tony Stewart ever race again? 15
- Andre Lotterer confirmed for Caterham debut at Spa 6
- NASCAR: Joe Gibbs hopeful for eventual return of Tony Stewart 12