Jan 9, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
Chip Ganassi’s gone through with a name change for his Sprint Cup operation. And now, so has Roger Penske.
While teams and drivers wait out a light rain that has pushed back this morning’s start of Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway, multiple reporters including Jenna Fryer of the Associated Press are now saying that the “Team Penske” name – which has been in effect for The Captain’s IndyCar Series squad – has been bestowed upon his Cup side as well.
Penske’s Cup group had been known more recently as “Penske Racing” and, going farther back in time, “Penske Racing South.” Now, the Penske organization is choosing to go with one overall brand.
- NHRA: Capps storms to 2nd win of season, Funny Car points lead 1
- Relief, gratitude define the day where Newgarden finally gets first win (VIDEO) 0
- Graham Rahal can’t close deal in runner-up finish at Barber 2
- Josef Newgarden scores his first IndyCar win at Barber 10
- WATCH LIVE: Honda Indy Grand Prix of Alabama at 3 p.m. ET on NBCSN, Live Extra 1
- What to watch for: IndyCar at Barber (3 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Live Extra) 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick victorious on debut ADAC F4 weekend 1