Jan 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EST
The first Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires test of 2014 is in the books, with series veterans Zach Veach (Andretti Autosport) and Gabby Chaves (Belardi Auto Racing) leading the timesheets.
Veach’s Tuesday time of 57.832 seconds on the Sebring International Raceway short course held up as the best overall time, with Chaves next at 58.074. Veach is confirmed for his second full season with Andretti, while Chaves, the 2013 season runner-up, is yet to confirm his 2014 team plans as yet.
Veach’s two Andretti teammates were next with former GP2 runner-up Luiz Razia clocking in fifth, best of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ three entries. Times are below; note only 10 cars tested as the Team Moore Racing pairing of Zack Meyer and Raoul Owens did not appear.
1. 26-Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport, 57.832 (Session 2) 2. 5-Gabby Chaves, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.074 (2) 3. 83-Matthew Brabham, Andretti Autosport, 58.150 (4) 4. 27-Vittorio Ghirelli, Andretti Autosport, 58.222 (4) 5. 8-Luiz Razia, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.332 (3) 6. 7-Juan Piedrahita, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.436 (2) 7. 42-Jack Harvey, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.748 (4) 8. 4-Alex Baron, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.771 (2) 9. 24-Scott Anderson, Fan Force United, 58.969 (3) 10. 28-Lloyd Read, Bryan Herta Autosport, 59.335 (3)
- Manor Marussia F1 confirms trip to Melbourne 3
- Agag: Formula E off to “incredible start” heading into U.S. swing 2
- Fernando Alonso ruled out of Australian Grand Prix 3
- Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat: Teaser clips and preview (VIDEO) 0
- F1, IndyCar seasons finally premiere in 2015’s version of March madness 1
- F1: Barcelona second test wrap, and 2015 test times cumulative roundup 0
- Michael Schumacher’s son Mick to race in ADAC F4 championship this season 3