Jan 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The first Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires test of 2014 is in the books, with series veterans Zach Veach (Andretti Autosport) and Gabby Chaves (Belardi Auto Racing) leading the timesheets.
Veach’s Tuesday time of 57.832 seconds on the Sebring International Raceway short course held up as the best overall time, with Chaves next at 58.074. Veach is confirmed for his second full season with Andretti, while Chaves, the 2013 season runner-up, is yet to confirm his 2014 team plans as yet.
Veach’s two Andretti teammates were next with former GP2 runner-up Luiz Razia clocking in fifth, best of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ three entries. Times are below; note only 10 cars tested as the Team Moore Racing pairing of Zack Meyer and Raoul Owens did not appear.
1. 26-Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport, 57.832 (Session 2) 2. 5-Gabby Chaves, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.074 (2) 3. 83-Matthew Brabham, Andretti Autosport, 58.150 (4) 4. 27-Vittorio Ghirelli, Andretti Autosport, 58.222 (4) 5. 8-Luiz Razia, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.332 (3) 6. 7-Juan Piedrahita, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.436 (2) 7. 42-Jack Harvey, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.748 (4) 8. 4-Alex Baron, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.771 (2) 9. 24-Scott Anderson, Fan Force United, 58.969 (3) 10. 28-Lloyd Read, Bryan Herta Autosport, 59.335 (3)
Aug 28, 2015, 10:38 PM EDT
The title contenders sum up their chances heading into Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 9:11 PM EDT
A long day on Friday ends with Will Power on top of the timesheets.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:11 PM EDT
Quick series of interviews and tributes flow in for Justin Wilson on site at Sonoma.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:16 PM EDT
The 10th place driver in NHRA Top Fuel standings gets released from his contract at DSR.
Aug 28, 2015, 6:40 PM EDT
Sage Karam speaks with reporters Friday at Sonoma Raceway.
Aug 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Marquez and Lorenzo continue their fight at the front of the MotoGP field in practice at Silverstone on Friday.
Aug 28, 2015, 4:09 PM EDT
IndyCar concludes its season at Sonoma this weekend.
Aug 28, 2015, 3:30 PM EDT
Prost and Buemi retained by the defending teams’ champion for season two.
Aug 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Porsche will debut a new aero kit at this weekend’s 6 Hours of Nürburgring in Germany.
Aug 28, 2015, 1:00 PM EDT
Finnish driver admits Williams expected to be further ahead than it is.
Aug 28, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
Benoit Treluyer shoots to the top of the timesheets late on in FP2.
Aug 28, 2015, 11:30 AM EDT
Hamilton wrapped up the second annual FIA Pole Trophy last weekend in Belgium.
Aug 28, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
Mallya expresses his delight in Force India’s form despite having a smaller workforce and budget than many of its rivals.
Aug 28, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Montoya, Rahal the two likely contenders to claim Power’s crown, as IndyCar looks for solace and a great race to end the season and ease the pain after the loss of Justin Wilson.
Aug 28, 2015, 7:44 AM EDT
First blood to Audi as its battle with Porsche is rekindled on home soil.
Aug 27, 2015, 6:14 PM EDT
Oriol Servia will race in what was Justin Wilson’s car this weekend at Sonoma.
Aug 27, 2015, 4:21 PM EDT
IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge in a motorcade, for pre-title buildup and to pay tribute to Justin Wilson.
Aug 27, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
Aleshin returns to IndyCar this weekend after a year away.
Aug 27, 2015, 3:14 PM EDT
All cars to carry special tribute logos, decals for Justin Wilson this weekend, with Wilson’s old team also paying tribute.
- IndyCar’s championship contenders ready their thoughts, minds for Sonoma finale 0
- Here are your NBCSN TV times, weekend coverage plan for IndyCar’s Sonoma season finale 0
- Preview: IndyCar will race to honor Wilson, and to close its season, at Sonoma 1
- Andretti to field No. 25 car at Sonoma; Oriol Servia to drive Wilson tribute car 4
- IndyCars cross the Golden Gate Bridge; pay tribute to Justin Wilson (PHOTOS, VIDEO) 5
- Fast Facts: GoPro Grand Prix of Sonoma 6
- NHRA: Pro Stock driver Erica Enders hitting on all cylinders heading into U.S. Nationals 3