Jan 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The first Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires test of 2014 is in the books, with series veterans Zach Veach (Andretti Autosport) and Gabby Chaves (Belardi Auto Racing) leading the timesheets.
Veach’s Tuesday time of 57.832 seconds on the Sebring International Raceway short course held up as the best overall time, with Chaves next at 58.074. Veach is confirmed for his second full season with Andretti, while Chaves, the 2013 season runner-up, is yet to confirm his 2014 team plans as yet.
Veach’s two Andretti teammates were next with former GP2 runner-up Luiz Razia clocking in fifth, best of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ three entries. Times are below; note only 10 cars tested as the Team Moore Racing pairing of Zack Meyer and Raoul Owens did not appear.
1. 26-Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport, 57.832 (Session 2) 2. 5-Gabby Chaves, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.074 (2) 3. 83-Matthew Brabham, Andretti Autosport, 58.150 (4) 4. 27-Vittorio Ghirelli, Andretti Autosport, 58.222 (4) 5. 8-Luiz Razia, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.332 (3) 6. 7-Juan Piedrahita, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.436 (2) 7. 42-Jack Harvey, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.748 (4) 8. 4-Alex Baron, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.771 (2) 9. 24-Scott Anderson, Fan Force United, 58.969 (3) 10. 28-Lloyd Read, Bryan Herta Autosport, 59.335 (3)
Jul 7, 2015, 8:00 PM EDT
LeBron came back to Cleveland, but IndyCar isn’t. Yet.
Jul 7, 2015, 6:29 PM EDT
Scott Dixon’s 250th start comes at the same track he debuted with Chip Ganassi Racing at in 2002.
Jul 7, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Fast facts heading into this weekend’s ABC Supply Co. Wisconsin 250, courtesy of IndyCar PR staff.
Jul 7, 2015, 2:57 PM EDT
Alonso provides a sneak peek at McLaren simulator.
Jul 7, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
The son of Mike Wallace will make his second ARCA start on July 24 at Lucas Oil Raceway.
Jul 7, 2015, 12:53 PM EDT
Carpenter and Newgarden look for a rebound similar to the 1-2 finish at Toronto.
Jul 7, 2015, 11:04 AM EDT
Wilson returns for final five IndyCar races of the year with Andretti Autosport.
Jul 7, 2015, 10:10 AM EDT
Next up for one of racing’s busiest drivers? ARCA debut in Iowa.
Jul 7, 2015, 9:44 AM EDT
Will Power dominated Milwaukee in 2014. Here’s how he did it.
Jul 6, 2015, 9:04 PM EDT
Degree of continuity at Coyne, as Mann and Vautier confirmed for next two short ovals.
Jul 6, 2015, 5:00 PM EDT
Scott Hargrove adds two more wins to his record after a one-day sweep of two Porsche races in Canada.
Jul 6, 2015, 4:04 PM EDT
IndyCar, Indy Lights drivers try to guess towns or cheeses in Wisconsin.
Jul 6, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
The potential ripple effects of Austin Dillon’s catch-fence accident could extend far beyond NASCAR.
Jul 6, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Sandell, Dyne make it a double top-five for Bryan Herta Rallysport at MCAS New River.
Jul 6, 2015, 11:19 AM EDT
Leading 1-2 early, Williams was almost trapped, rather than able to seize its moment in Silverstone.
Jul 6, 2015, 10:00 AM EDT
A gamble on intermediate tires backfires for Kimi Raikkonen at Silverstone.
Race Recap: Hamilton sees off early Williams threat and late rain shower to claim third home victory
Jul 6, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The British driver sends the home crowd into raptures with his third Silverstone victory.
Jul 6, 2015, 8:30 AM EDT
After the latest Red Bull GRC round, we catch up with NBC Sports Group motorsports analyst Townsend Bell for a special Red Bull GRC installment of “Ten with Townsend.”
Jul 6, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Luke Smith gets a little patriotic following his home grand prix, explaining why F1 could stand to be a little more British in its mentality.
NHRA: Anderson wins 4th of ’15, Stoffer over Sampey in 3rd all-female final in NHRA history; Kalitta, Beckman also win
Jul 5, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Doug Kalitta (Top Fuel), Jack Beckman (Funny Car), Greg Anderson (Pro Stock) and Karen Stoffer (Pro Stock Motorcycle) took home wins in Sunday’s NHRA race in Norwalk, Ohio.
- Report: Cleveland out for 2016 IndyCar schedule, still possible for future 0
- It’s not the years, but the mileage for Scott Dixon going into 250th start 0
- CFH Racing looks to turn things around once again at Milwaukee 0
- Welcome back, Wilson: Englishman back with Andretti for rest of 2015 1
- DiZinno: Daytona fence crash ripple effect could extend to other motorsports 8
- Ten with Townsend: Red Bull GRC 4 races in, post-MCAS New River 0
- Smiling Through the Rain: Silverstone proved that it isn’t all doom and gloom in F1 2