Jan 9, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
The first Indy Lights presented by Cooper Tires test of 2014 is in the books, with series veterans Zach Veach (Andretti Autosport) and Gabby Chaves (Belardi Auto Racing) leading the timesheets.
Veach’s Tuesday time of 57.832 seconds on the Sebring International Raceway short course held up as the best overall time, with Chaves next at 58.074. Veach is confirmed for his second full season with Andretti, while Chaves, the 2013 season runner-up, is yet to confirm his 2014 team plans as yet.
Veach’s two Andretti teammates were next with former GP2 runner-up Luiz Razia clocking in fifth, best of Schmidt Peterson Motorsports’ three entries. Times are below; note only 10 cars tested as the Team Moore Racing pairing of Zack Meyer and Raoul Owens did not appear.
1. 26-Zach Veach, Andretti Autosport, 57.832 (Session 2) 2. 5-Gabby Chaves, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.074 (2) 3. 83-Matthew Brabham, Andretti Autosport, 58.150 (4) 4. 27-Vittorio Ghirelli, Andretti Autosport, 58.222 (4) 5. 8-Luiz Razia, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.332 (3) 6. 7-Juan Piedrahita, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.436 (2) 7. 42-Jack Harvey, Schmidt Peterson Motorsports, 58.748 (4) 8. 4-Alex Baron, Belardi Auto Racing, 58.771 (2) 9. 24-Scott Anderson, Fan Force United, 58.969 (3) 10. 28-Lloyd Read, Bryan Herta Autosport, 59.335 (3)
Apr 15, 2014, 8:33 PM EDT
If Sprint Cup drivers’ comments during today’s Goodyear tire test at Kansas Speedway are an indication, we can expect to see track records fall next month on the 1.5-mile oval.
Apr 15, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Kyle Petty breaks down critical pit strategies in recent races, and Nate Ryan reports on today’s Goodyear tire test at Kansas.
Apr 15, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
Rookie rival Kyle Larson has been more flashy, but Dillon’s consistency has paid off in the season’s first eight races.
Apr 15, 2014, 5:45 PM EDT
On tap: The decision of four tires or two; Jeff Gordon’s crew chief, Alan Gustafson; today’s tire test at Kansas; and the Darlington edition of “Scan All 43.”
Apr 15, 2014, 4:55 PM EDT
Mosley’s advice to current FIA president Jean Todt? “Take no notice.”
Apr 15, 2014, 4:01 PM EDT
The first race of last month’s season-opening weekend in St. Petersburg was rained out.
Apr 15, 2014, 3:16 PM EDT
The Force India driver will look to continue his momentum this weekend in China.
Apr 15, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
The test will help determine the aerodynamic options available to teams for this June’s IndyCar event on the 1.5-mile oval in Fort Worth.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:45 PM EDT
Video highlights from the first Chinese Grand Prix, already 10 years ago.
Apr 15, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
Like father, like daughter? Ella Sofia Gordon got her first taste of a quarter-midget car earlier this week.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:45 PM EDT
Some of IndyCar’s top performers, stats of notes and points after two races.
Apr 15, 2014, 12:00 PM EDT
Indy Lights rookie Lloyd Read has either been really unlucky with circumstances or really lucky to avoid worse circumstances in the first two races, depending on your interpretation.
Apr 15, 2014, 11:15 AM EDT
Where the NASCAR points standings sit after eight races, now post-Darlington.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Expert insight from NBCSN’s IndyCar ace analyst Townsend Bell returns for a second season on MotorSportsTalk.
Apr 15, 2014, 10:07 AM EDT
No overturning of Red Bull’s appeal at Melbourne.
Apr 14, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
See what changed between Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon for three of IndyCar’s best – a street race at Long Beach where the gloves came off.
Apr 14, 2014, 7:37 PM EDT
Sabine Kehm also talks about the Schumacher family having to deal with “untruths” in media reports about the seven-time F1 champion’s health.
Apr 14, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Rick Allen and Kyle Petty discuss the Darlington efforts from Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, and Jimmie Johnson – as well as Kurt Busch and Clint Bowyer’s late incident.
Apr 14, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The open-wheel veteran will drive a third car for the defending ’500′ champions.
Apr 14, 2014, 5:30 PM EDT
Teams that don’t make the field on the first day of qualifying due to hardship can attempt to make the final row of the grid on the second day.
More from NASCAR America
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- Clint Bowyer hits ‘white-of-your-eyes-fast’ speed of 217 mph in tire test at Michigan (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Andretti drivers say GP of Long Beach should stay with IndyCar (7)
- Kurt Busch won’t soon forget Clint Bowyer’s race-ruining shove at Darlington (VIDEO) (6)