Jan 10, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
One of the many changes going into 2014 is that Formula One drivers will be picking a number for the duration of their career, rather than going according to the previous year’s Constructor’s Championship.
The FIA has published a full list on Friday, confirming a few new picks in addition to the ones drivers have already revealed themselves via social media.
Of note, four-time defending World Champion Sebastian Vettel has picked No. 5 (the number he won his first title with, in 2010) for years he isn’t carrying the No. 1 as defending champion. Ferrari’s numbers are doubled from 7 (Kimi Raikkonen) to 14 (Fernando Alonso). The No. 27 makes a return with Nico Hulkenberg at Force India; the No. 13 is in play for Pastor Maldonado at Lotus; Toro Rosso has the only back-to-back numbers with Jean-Eric Vergne No. 25, Daniil Kyvat No. 26 and three numbers, 44 (Lewis Hamilton), 77 (Valtteri Bottas) and 99 (Adrian Sutil) are north of 27.
Max Chilton, interestingly, is also on the published list of drivers for Marussia, but the Briton has not yet been confirmed by the team to race for a second season.
Here’s the breakdown by team, according to order of finish in this year’s Constructor’s Championship:
Red Bull: 1-Sebastian Vettel, 3-Daniel Ricciardo Mercedes: 6-Nico Rosberg, 44-Lewis Hamilton Ferrari: 7-Kimi Raikkonen, 14-Fernando Alonso Lotus: 8-Romain Grosjean, 13-Pastor Maldonado McLaren: 20-Kevin Magnussen, 22-Jenson Button Force India: 11-Sergio Perez, 27-Nico Hulkenberg Sauber: 21-Esteban Gutierrez, 99-Adrian Sutil Williams: 19-Felipe Massa, 77-Valtteri Bottas Marussia: 17-Jules Bianchi, TBA-Max Chilton Caterham: TBA-Both Drivers
- VIDEO: Vettel explains decision to not let Ricciardo past 1
- Chinese GP called two laps early after checkered flag mix-up 1
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” 13
- Hamilton makes it three with lights to flag victory in China 0
- WATCH LIVE: Can anyone spring a Shanghai surprise? 0
- IndyCar: Massive crash triggered after round of pit stops (VIDEO) (17)
- VIDEO: Vettel ignores team orders, telling team “tough luck” (13)
- American-based F1 franchise, Haas Formula, officially introduced (9)
- Maldonado brushes off crash and spin in practice (7)
- In re-released interview, Brad Keselowski recalls how Rick Hendrick left him heartbroken (7)