Jan 13, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Sprint Cup team Swan Racing continued its busy offseason today with the announcement of Anthony Marlowe as both new investor and minority owner of the team.
Marlowe, 34, has been involved with NASCAR sponsorship since the 2011 season. He is the founder and CEO of TMone, a customer relationship management firm supporting Fortune 500 companies.
“This is a remarkable day, which for me marks the intersection of my passion for NASCAR and my dream of owning part of a professional sports team at the highest level,” Marlowe said in a statement.
“I kept a close eye on Swan Racing during its inaugural season last year and was so impressed with [team owner] Brandon Davis, the way they do business, and their pursuit of excellence that I wanted to be part of his Cup team for the long-haul.”
Last year, Swan raced as a single-car entity with David Stremme handling the bulk of the races in their No. 30 Toyota (pictured) before his release following Richmond in September. Following that decision, a trio of drivers – Cole Whitt, Parker Kligerman and Kevin Swindell – split the remainder of the season in that car.
But this year, Swan is looking for more as it expands to a two-car program, with Kligerman in the No. 30 and Whitt in a brand-new second car, the No. 26. And with Marlowe now on board, the team is hoping to use his experience with business-to-business deals toward attaining future partners.
“Anthony is an entrepreneur like me,” Davis said in his own thoughts. “He has the same work ethic and the same approach when it comes to finding creative and innovative solutions. Anthony is the perfect fit for the team and will be an integral part of it going forward.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 10
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3
- Jeff Gordon advances to next round of Chase with first Dover victory since 2001 5
- Open letter from Kevin Ward Jr.’s aunt questions Tony Stewart, evidence of marijuana in nephew’s system 43
- Kyle Busch outduels Joey Logano for Nationwide win in Dover 2