Jan 13, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The Camping World Truck Series portion of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway began with Turner Scott Motorsports’ Ben Kennedy atop this morning’s charts.
Kennedy, the great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., led the 19 drivers that turned laps this morning around the 2.5-mile oval. He posted a quick lap at 182.168 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet, just ahead of TSM teammate Jeb Burton‘s lap at 182.083 mph.
Kennedy is entering the Truck Series this season after full-time work in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he finished fourth in the championship last year. He also competed in five CWTS events in 2013.
Today’s second session is underway as we speak, and is expected to continue up to 5:45 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- Caterham denies future is at risk despite goods being seized 2
- Simona de Silvestro’s F1 hopes at risk due to financial problems 11
- NASCAR AMERICA: Dale Earnhardt Jr. aims for better results in Chase (VIDEO) 1
- NASCAR AMERICA: Jeff Gordon, 24 team make statement at Dover (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend wrap-up: Was first Chase elimination race an exciting one? 0
- Tony Stewart speaks, cites overwhelming support in the search of return to normalcy 24
- Simon Pagenaud confirmed at Team Penske in fourth IndyCar 3