Jan 13, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The Camping World Truck Series portion of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway began with Turner Scott Motorsports’ Ben Kennedy atop this morning’s charts.
Kennedy, the great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., led the 19 drivers that turned laps this morning around the 2.5-mile oval. He posted a quick lap at 182.168 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet, just ahead of TSM teammate Jeb Burton‘s lap at 182.083 mph.
Kennedy is entering the Truck Series this season after full-time work in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he finished fourth in the championship last year. He also competed in five CWTS events in 2013.
Today’s second session is underway as we speak, and is expected to continue up to 5:45 p.m. ET.
- Hamilton leads Mercedes one-two in Italian GP FP1 0
- NHRA: All you need to know about the 61st U.S. Nationals 0
- NHRA: Year’s biggest race, the U.S. Nationals, ready to roll 1
- F1 2015’s silly season is proving to be a let down, but who could yet spice it up? 3
- 2015 Italian Grand Prix Preview 0
- James Hinchcliffe on the comeback trail for IndyCar driving return 2
- Bottas and Massa to remain with Williams for 2016 1