Jan 13, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The Camping World Truck Series portion of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway began with Turner Scott Motorsports’ Ben Kennedy atop this morning’s charts.
Kennedy, the great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., led the 19 drivers that turned laps this morning around the 2.5-mile oval. He posted a quick lap at 182.168 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet, just ahead of TSM teammate Jeb Burton‘s lap at 182.083 mph.
Kennedy is entering the Truck Series this season after full-time work in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he finished fourth in the championship last year. He also competed in five CWTS events in 2013.
Today’s second session is underway as we speak, and is expected to continue up to 5:45 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- WATCH LIVE: NASCAR AMERICA at 7 p.m. ET recaps Talladega 0
- Remembering racing legend Raymond Beadle: ‘Once upon a time, I was the best at what I did’ 1
- Weekend wrap: Brad Keselowski rises up to Talladega challenge 0
- The irony of a winless driver winning a title in the new Chase still exists 1
- Roger Penske defends Keselowski, says other drivers “jealous” of his success 3
- What will NASCAR fans do now that their favorite drivers are eliminated from Chase? 9
- Brad Keselowski wins at Talladega on 2nd G-W-C attempt, advances in Chase 10