Jan 13, 2014, 2:58 PM EDT
The Camping World Truck Series portion of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway began with Turner Scott Motorsports’ Ben Kennedy atop this morning’s charts.
Kennedy, the great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., led the 19 drivers that turned laps this morning around the 2.5-mile oval. He posted a quick lap at 182.168 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet, just ahead of TSM teammate Jeb Burton‘s lap at 182.083 mph.
Kennedy is entering the Truck Series this season after full-time work in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he finished fourth in the championship last year. He also competed in five CWTS events in 2013.
Today’s second session is underway as we speak, and is expected to continue up to 5:45 p.m. ET.
- Ryan: Juan Pablo Montoya comes full circle at Indianapolis 0
- F1 Paddock Pass: Monaco Grand Prix post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Montoya rallies for second Indianapolis 500 victory (VIDEO) 5
- Hamilton: Impossible to express how I feel after Monaco defeat 2
- Rosberg lucks in to third straight Monaco GP win after Mercedes’ mistake costs Hamilton victory 47
- 2015 Indy 500 driver-by-driver one-liners 0
- Bell: “Carb Day is many things to many people; mine was many jobs” 0