Jan 13, 2014, 2:58 PM EST
The Camping World Truck Series portion of NASCAR Preseason Thunder testing at Daytona International Speedway began with Turner Scott Motorsports’ Ben Kennedy atop this morning’s charts.
Kennedy, the great-grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., led the 19 drivers that turned laps this morning around the 2.5-mile oval. He posted a quick lap at 182.168 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet, just ahead of TSM teammate Jeb Burton‘s lap at 182.083 mph.
Kennedy is entering the Truck Series this season after full-time work in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East, where he finished fourth in the championship last year. He also competed in five CWTS events in 2013.
Today’s second session is underway as we speak, and is expected to continue up to 5:45 p.m. ET.
Video from NASCAR America
- ‘Do you get mad when your boyfriend wrecks you?’ Danica Patrick faces kids’ pressing questions 2
- Jeff Gordon to serve as NASCAR TV analyst this season 6
- Ganassi’s No. 02 Riley-Ford Scores Rolex 24 Victory 3
- Rex White, NASCAR Hall of Fame driver — and storyteller 1
- Is a NASCAR TV analyst career in Jeff Gordon’s future? ‘I’d entertain it’ 2
- After wedding and winter to reflect, Joey Logano looks for more in 2015 2
- Jeff Gordon’s legacy of success transcends generations 1