Jan 13, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
After one of their drivers, Ben Kennedy, led this morning’s session, Turner Scott Motorsports remained atop Camping World Truck Series testing at Daytona International Speedway in the afternoon.
This time, it was Jeb Burton – the son of former Daytona 500 winner Ward Burton – who led the second session and topped all of Monday’s proceedings with a lap of 191.144 mph in the No. 4 Chevrolet. Kennedy followed up his P1 morning run with the second-fastest time in the afternoon, logging a lap of 190.925 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet and also turning the most laps in the afternoon with 106 circuits.
During today’s test, Jeb expressed his optimism about building upon a solid rookie season last year with Turner Scott Motorsports. He also felt the team would be able to get a handle on the new truck bodies that are debuting in the series.
“It seems like Turner Scott Motorsports is always ahead of the ballgame with new stuff,” said Jeb, who earned his first career CWTS win last June at Texas. “I’m excited. I think it could be an advantage for us. I feel like our guys are working really hard with this new body style in the wind tunnel and testing a lot trying to make it better.
“I’m really excited to be back with these guys. My team is pumped up, we’re ready to go. I feel like we’ve just got to be a little bit better this year and we can contend for the championship. We did all last year, we’ve just got to be a little bit better so we can go win some more races.”
- For Dixon, it’s likely Mid-Ohio or bust in terms of 2015 IndyCar title hopes 0
- Race Recap: Vettel draws level with Senna on all-time win list with victory in Hungary 1
- NHRA Mile-High Nationals winners: Torrence, Beckman, Morgan, Krawiec 2
- F1 grid unites to pay tribute to Jules Bianchi (VIDEO) 1
- F1 Paddock Pass: Hungarian GP post-race (VIDEO) 1
- Vettel dedicates Hungarian GP win to Jules Bianchi 2
- Vettel storms to victory in Hungary as Hamilton and Rosberg hit trouble 9