Jan 13, 2014, 7:22 PM EST
After one of their drivers, Ben Kennedy, led this morning’s session, Turner Scott Motorsports remained atop Camping World Truck Series testing at Daytona International Speedway in the afternoon.
This time, it was Jeb Burton – the son of former Daytona 500 winner Ward Burton – who led the second session and topped all of Monday’s proceedings with a lap of 191.144 mph in the No. 4 Chevrolet. Kennedy followed up his P1 morning run with the second-fastest time in the afternoon, logging a lap of 190.925 mph in the No. 31 Chevrolet and also turning the most laps in the afternoon with 106 circuits.
During today’s test, Jeb expressed his optimism about building upon a solid rookie season last year with Turner Scott Motorsports. He also felt the team would be able to get a handle on the new truck bodies that are debuting in the series.
“It seems like Turner Scott Motorsports is always ahead of the ballgame with new stuff,” said Jeb, who earned his first career CWTS win last June at Texas. “I’m excited. I think it could be an advantage for us. I feel like our guys are working really hard with this new body style in the wind tunnel and testing a lot trying to make it better.
“I’m really excited to be back with these guys. My team is pumped up, we’re ready to go. I feel like we’ve just got to be a little bit better this year and we can contend for the championship. We did all last year, we’ve just got to be a little bit better so we can go win some more races.”
Video from NASCAR America
- NASCAR: Bubba Wallace confirmed for Roush Fenway XFINITY program 0
- Top NASCAR stories of 2014: No. 13 – Chase Elliott wins final Nationwide Series championship at record age 0
- CVC adds di Montezemolo, Walsh to Board of Directors for F1; Bernie stays on 0
- Kurt Busch calls ex-girlfriend’s allegations a ‘fabrication’ 13
- Fry, Tombazis out as part of Ferrari’s ongoing restructuring 1
- Sprint to end title sponsorship of NASCAR’s Cup Series after 2016 (VIDEO) 17
- NBC SportsWorld: The vision of blind NHRA crew chief Jay Blake 1