Jan 13, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Williams’ run of off-season hiring rolled on today with the announcement of three new additions to the team’s engineering efforts.
Jakob Andreasen, formerly of Force India, has been made Williams’ new head of engineering operations and will report to team technical director Pat Symonds. Additionally, ex-Mercedes man Craig Wilson is now the team’s head of vehicle dynamics and former Lotus member Rod Nelson is now the team’s chief test and support engineer.
With the three new hires comes a promotion as well, with current Williams employee Max Nightingale now reporting to Andreasen as head of vehicle science.
“Williams is determined to make strong improvements in our competitiveness over the coming seasons and these new appointments continue our aggressive approach in recruiting some of the sport’s best talent,” Symonds said in a team release.
“We are also committed to allowing our existing talent to grow and showcase their skills in senior leadership roles. Our engineering team for the coming season is looking strong and I’m excited about what we can achieve moving forwards.”
The team also confirmed this morning over Twitter that it would indeed be present at this month’s first Formula One preseason test at Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. Another tweet from Williams also disclosed that they’re now underway with building their new challenger for 2014, the FW36.
Last year, Williams took part in testing at Jerez but used its 2012 car, the FW34. Their 2013 car, the ultimately ill-fated FW35, broke cover at the following preseason test at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Saturday 0
- Hamilton fastest as Mercedes impresses again on day three 0
- Happy 75th birthday to one of the best ever, Mario Andretti 3
- Barcelona F1 2nd Test Paddock Notebook – Friday 0
- Rosberg quickest as Mercedes shows its hand on day two 0
- Alexander Rossi confirms return to GP2 in 2015 with Racing Engineering 3
- FIA issues updated F1 entry list including “Manor Marussia” 3